 Technic / 6766
Re: 8862 pneumatic cap colours (spawned from is technic being killed off)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:45:50 GMT

Same here, all yellow accept the pump cap.
That model was apperently in two revisions, one early with all yellow cylinders
with 4.5 V motor instruction and one with black and yellow cylinders with 9V
motor instruction.
My instructions have black and yellow cylinder with 4.5 V motor instruction.
I think that it was a discussion about that for a couple months about that, look
back in history.
/Pehter

Rebecca Taylor wrote:

In lugnet.technic, William Howard writes:

There are now FOUR - they're breeding! (1707421982, 1707421982, 1706796599
and 1706922538) - the last one has yellow cylinder caps and also the pump
cap!

Mine has black caps.

Wonder if its to do with the age of the model as I've seen instructions for
motorising this set with both a 4.5v and a 9v motor

All the cylinders that came with my JCB, and those illustrated in the
instructions were all-yellow.  The exra cylinder I ordered from the spares
service came with a black cap which annoyed me a bit at the time (I was a
lot younger).
The instructions also show the 4.5V motorisation, with, as far as my memory
serves, the original rounded motor and battery box.  I bought my set when it
first came out in 1989.

Why did they change the cylinders at all?  I would have thought making them
all one colour was more in keeping with real life.

Becky

--
Pehter "Ibbe" Abrahamsson
ICQ: 21014474