 Technic / 6666
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:20:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.technic, Allan Bedford writes:

What ever happened to nice small realistic Technic (Expert Builder) >sets
like this:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/854

ICK! You would have to bring up one of my least favorite EB sets ever! That
design was bad even for 1977.

I wouldn't go THAT far but let's just say it's not a set that I see a strong
need to bring back. Not hardly. It's blocky, it doesn't have a lot of neat
features, etc. Now if you want to talk about a set from that era that was
good, how about this one:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/952

Yes, 100 more pieces, higher price point, but this is a set that looks like
something I'd want to play with. It was a set I thought of buying at the
time (I was 18 and more into fast cars and wine, women and song at the time)
whereas the other one had no interest for me.

There are a lot of Technic sets that could be used to make the case that
Technic has gone downhill lately, but 854, IMHO is not one of them.