 Technic / 6694
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:18:05 GMT

"Steven lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> writes:

In lugnet.technic, Fredrik Glöckner writes:

I also like the fact that is _does_ include one of the strangest
technic bricks: The motorcycle pivot part.  It could probably have
been done without this specialized part, but including it probably
makes it easier for kids to build custom motorcycles based on the
set.  This comment applies to the 8417 set as well (which is
extremely nicely designed, in my opinion).

I hate this part I have dozens, probably from the ebay lots I buy where
people cant wait to get rid of them, but each to their own.

I didn't say I liked the part personally, I just said that I liked the
fact that the motorcycle sets included them.  I believe that the part
makes it easier for kids to build their own motorcycles.

My nomination for potw (once the current list is exhausted) would be the
technic triangle which has come to the rescue several times lately, in
situations where only it's unique attributes could provide a solution.

My problem with the triangle is the trianglular shape!  It would have
been more useful had it been T shaped.  The actual holes outline a T
shape anyway, so I don't see the need for the extra sloped structure.

Fredrik