 Technic / 6655
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:44:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Miguel Agullo writes:
In lugnet.technic, Steven Lane writes:

I'd buy sets contained in a sturdy brown cardboard box made of recycled
materials with just a bar code on it if it meant I got the parts ... You'd just need to tape it shut and stick on a
mailing label and it would be ready for the post. That would give you
minimal costs and handling and make the whole venture more profitable and
therefore more worthwhile to Lego.

This is baseless. I suspect Lego's internal production lines are not exactly
primed for this. I.e. costs for putting together old Technic sets might be
very high, for all I know.

Your argument is just as baseless as mine. Putting together (packing) an old
Technic set would only cost more because they used to use more bricks (using
value as a comparison). And I never actually mentioned old sets in my post.

Furthermore, Lego representatives have pointed
out on several occassions that the adult builders represent a tiny fraction
of their market. What you, me and a reduced number of other Technicheads
would buy is basically irrelevant. Not that I don't conmiserate, but to
think that Lego is obviously missing out is maybe awarding ourselves too
much importance in the grand scale of the Lego universe.

My comments we're a response to the previous gripe about box quality.

While I'm here, I've just found a site called

www.PetitionOnline.com

Maybe we should start a petition for beams in sufficent quantities at an
affordable price?

Steve