 Technic / 6727
Re: Excavator Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:22:45 GMT

"William Howard" <william@howard-family.fsworld.co.uk> wrote in message n

When I compared my final gear train with yours it turned
out to be identical - and I'd only used the initial idea of the diff in • the
turntable!  Perhaps there is only one way to build this drive train!?

Given the space constraints I certainly couldn't find any other way, and it
took me long enough to work out that one. For a long time in fact I had my
doubts it was possible - the undercarriage took a very long time to solve.

I do know however that the 'bobcat' bucket arm doesn't work as described • on
your web site.  I now have a load more 1x5, 1x6 and 1x7 liftarms so I may
redo it sometime to get the geometry right.

I noticed the problem, but had wondered if you had done it differently
deliberately. You've used a single 1x10 beam for the lower part of the boom
linkage; it should be a 1x8 beam with a 1x2 beam with two holes attached
onto the end with two 1x4 plates - unless you have this the geometry will be
way off. There are some pictures here where you can just about see it:

http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/ls160_lrg/ls160_boom_pic2.htm

http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/ls160_lrg/ls160_conclusion_pic
3.htm

Jennifer