 Technic / 6665
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:22:08 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Allan Bedford writes:

If the evidence isn't there, it's certainly in the sets they're releasing.

Really? The demand to release sets that weren't exclsively vehicles has
existed for quite a while now. It's nice to see them finally taking notice
and giving the fans what they want-FEWER VEHICLES.

Which is nice if you can afford $120 plus sets.  But what about the kid >who
wants to get started in Technic but can't come up with that kind of coin?

Simple. They have to suffer just like the rest of us lower middle class folk
did when we wanted the larger sets. Save up the money-it's the only way to
buy what you have your eye on.

What ever happened to nice small realistic Technic (Expert Builder) >sets
like this:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/854

ICK! You would have to bring up one of my least favorite EB sets ever! That
design was bad even for 1977. Sorry, but I'm so pleased that we've moved
away from what I call the 'dog days of Technic' when all you could find on
the shelves were vehicles. There's far more variety and creativity put into
the 1997+ releases then ever existed before that time. Heck, it's the sheer
lack of variety in the Technic line that helped force me into my dark ages.
Between that and the whole Blacktron II fiasco, I was destined to enter them.

-Dave