 Technic / 6691
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:21:48 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> writes:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8251

Yes, I agree, it's a very nice one.  The suspension is done using a
single shock absorber, which is kinda realistic.  Most of today's road
racing bikes have a single rear shock absorber, according to my
experience.

I also like the fact that is _does_ include one of the strangest
technic bricks: The motorcycle pivot part.  It could probably have
been done without this specialized part, but including it probably
makes it easier for kids to build custom motorcycles based on the set.
This comment applies to the 8417 set as well (which is extremely
nicely designed, in my opinion).

Can you cite some set #'s.  I'm afraid I'm not familiar with these
sets, or perhaps know them by another name.  Thanks!

Sure, the original line is 8203, 8204, 8208, 8209, 8217 and 8218.
Check out the alternate models as well, which are usually as good as
the primary models!  These sets were only released in some places in
the world, but I got a few when visiting some odd places: The
Shetlands, Bangkok and Kuwait.

There have since been a few sets which are quite similar, eg the 1259
which Ross Crawford mentions.  I don't know is the later generation
had that good alternate models, though.

Fredrik