 Technic / 6704
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:28:57 GMT

"William Howard" <william@howard-family.fsworld.co.uk> wrote in message

They make great booms for diggers and modern looking cab roofs I've found.

Indeed so! The corrugated tubes and new angle connectors, although
inflexible in angle, are also great looking.

I'll get the photos/dat files up somewhere to show my interpretations of
your 'compact excavator' and 'bobcat'.  You can get much better clearance • on
the studless beams for parts that rotate (like the pneumatic cylinders) as
you a) don't have the studs in the first place and b) if you do get some
touching the parts tend to slide rather than stick.

That would be very interesting to see as I remember making part of the boom
linkage for the Bobcat and really wanting some studless beams as it would
have made things far easier. I didn't have any though so used standard
beams, which worked in the end, but studless ones would have been better.

However, I'm very unhappy about the proliferation of these things and • would
hate for them to kill off the old style beams.

Quite, they are definitely still needed.

Jennifer