 Technic / 6664
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:56:42 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> writes:

If the evidence isn't there, it's certainly in the sets they're
releasing.

How so?  LEGO have been releasing items with focus on issues other
than "brick building" for years, and the world still exists.  The days
of releasing sets with 2-by-4's exclusively is definitively over.  In
the light of the development of LEGO Direct, I'd say the future looks
better than ever.  (Too bad LEGO Direct does not operate in Norway
yet, though...  *mumble*)

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/854

This set has only 200 pieces... [...]

... And a boring design.  I'm sorry, but I don't see any reason to get
excited by that set, other than for nostalgic reasons.  (I was five
years old in 1977.)  I think that today's line of technic elements is
hugely more useful and versatile.

Fredrik