 Technic / 6767
RE: Bucket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:14:26 GMT

Buckets from JCB (8862?) and Front End Loader (8835?) on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1708767146

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of William Howard
Sent: 15 February 2002 08:37
To: lugnet.technic@lugnet.com
Subject: RE: Bucket

Hi,

Can't (immediately) answer the question "are there any sets with the same
size bucket as 8862 but in black" but I can confirm the bucket sizes from
8235, 8862 and 8464 (as I have all three sets, four buckets).  The smallest
yellow bucket in 8862 is 6U wide and in cross-section the same size as the
biggest bucket (from 8464). The black bucket in 8235 is 10U wide, the yellow
one in 8862 14U wide and the black one in 8464 a massive 18U wide.  These
last three buckets all have the same proportions (width to height to
length).  Part numbers are 4700, 2951, 2814 and 32030 respectively.

From a quick glance at the BrickSet technic lists it would appear that the
only other sets with buckets are 8828, 8837, 8851 and 8853.

8828 - black, appears to be bucket 2951
8837 - black, appears to be a toothed version of bucket 4700
8851 - yellow, appears to be bucket 4700
8853 - yellow, same bucket as 2814 (I've built this from the eManual at
BrickShelf)

So it would appear that there are no techic sets with a black version of
bucket 2814.  Perhaps there is a model team set?

William