 Technic / *9801 (-100)
  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

Henry, I bet you have tired your fingers out builing some of those great creations you have! (...) Blood from Lego! I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing this masterpiece! (...) e (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

I rarely get hand and finger stress when I'm building. Even though I'm at a computer all day at work and I play the piano regularly, I don't feel any pain from repetitive overusage. I think I'd be in hell if I could NOT use my hands. However, my (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  dreams about Lego

I've dreamt about Lego B4; usually going into a store & finding new Lego sets, but last nite, I dreamt I WAS Lego: Kopaka to be precise. Ya see, Earth was being evacuated by aliens who were gonna turn all of us into them, some wierd creepy (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

Thanks for the reply Dennis. So far, I haven't hit problems with the axles. I am making sure every load bearing axle has at least two shear planes for this reason. Also doubling up on gears (tandem) and making sure all axles are supported everywhere (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - Mission One Completed - Right Arm

Ahh, so it's a rare part and you can't get it anymore. -- Thanx~ Nicole (URL) Arnon" <arnon@NOSPAMsilicon-value.com> wrote in message news:H00rrp.24B@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

Gordon, When you wan't to lift such a heavy load the technic axles are too weak. So you have to use other materials than LEGO. I've made a 4.2 metres high Liebherr LG1550 and know how far you can go with it. A hundred kg's seems impressive, but is (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

First of all, Legomaster, let me just say that with your amazing creations such as the GG Mech...I don't see how anybody creating those can AVOID hand pains ;) I'm a pianist (not professional) so I try to take care of my fingers too...but what (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

(...) I typically end up with shoulder pain, but that's a symptom of the way I reach for the bins that surround my current workspace (bad, bad layout). The trick to working with technic for me it to not do everything with your fingers. Use brick (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

(...) (URL) might have seen these floating around before. If I have a lot of beams to separate or pins to remove I use tools. I haven't found a decent way to remove gears yet other than pulling the axle with the offending gear through a plate (or (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

(...) Strong hands to pry apart plates? I use my fingernails or attach another brick then snap both parts off. I used to find I always had the urge to build just after cutting my nails short. :-) The worst Lego hand mangler is removing model team (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

(...) Since I work on a computer keyboard during the day, and often have Lego building sessions that last eight or ten hours, I can totally identify with you. My best suggestion: Ice down your hands after long building sessions. I just put some ice (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  How bad do your hands hurt?

I gotta ask, who else deals with the hand and finger stress from long building projects. I know it's a common ailment that we all deal with. I mean who hasn't cut, scratched or abraised themselves while building Lego. Man, I was building all day (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - Mission One Completed - Right Arm

(URL) also <set:5110_2> - David (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Jamocklaquat - Mission One Completed - Right Arm

Hand, Wrist, Elbow, Arm Tun, Upper Arm Pivot, Upper Arm Rotate. 2 RCX work in harmony to control the Arm. No sensors to protect it'self, it's all hands on. Jamocklaquat Click on the Arm Pix (URL) on Brickshelf (after moderation) (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) It is currently only the boom base section and a hammerhead top section. They total just under 1 meter. I used beams for the chords(the vertical members at the corners), they are joined with a tile and plate sandwiching the beams. The beams (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  BobCat's Big Brother

While dismantling my interpretation of Jennifer Clark's BobCat ((URL) and the Lego Front End Loader ((URL) I noticed that the wheels and bucket from the BobCat were the same relative dimensions as those from the FE-Loader - the concept of "BobCat's (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) Thanks! (...) This crane was based on typical marine pedestal-mounted cranes of the 400~600 ton variety. I incorporated characteristics of the real cranes into my model, but at no particular scale. You will find cranes like this mounted on the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) Yep, that is pretty amazing. Got any pics? How long is the structure, how is it constructed? The problem, or rather potential problem, with a Lego truss is that failure is catastrophic (and I speak from experience here). You'll have one joint (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Yet Another Technic Creation

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:Gzu9oo.MBx@lugnet.com... (...) know (...) It's a funny thing that, I wasn't aware of this set either until I had the skip truck at Tony Priestman's fest last year and someone had the set for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message (...) one (...) I hadn't seen that before, from what I can see of it it looks great! Jennifer (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Yet Another Technic Creation

(...) It was Paul Cook's. The best picture I can find at short notice is this one on Lawrence's TVLF site, it's the red truck behind the green one. (URL) Paul is reading he may be able to post a better one. (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Yet Another Technic Creation

(...) Someone's already built a miniture homage to Jennifer's skip truck. I saw it at a show last year. I pointed it out to Simon Bennett, it even did both actions, although it was manually operated. I can't remember who built it and Jennifer wasn't (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Yet Another Technic Creation

(...) (URL) that I didnt know existed before - maybe you should get Tim to do something like that to go with your skip truck, too! ROSCO (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) Dennis, Booms made of Technic beams like this are remarkably strong. I am working on a crane as well (who isn't!) and have tested the boom to 100Kg direct load and it doesn't even look like moving. I was pretty amazed about this result myself. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My Pictures From Brickfest

(...) it along to show. He explained it to me, and if I remeber correctly, I believe it's a device for accurately positioning something in 3-dimensional space. I'd better leave the detailed description to him since I'm not familiar with this type of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Legal connection combinations

(...) I seem to remember they've inserted studs into technic holes before, which is a bit sus - can't find an example though. Also squeezing a plate between 2 rows of studs to get a 90 deg angle. Both of these are "close enough" but if left for long (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Crane...Best Place to Start

(...) And those that don't are usually happy to mail out printed material, just ask! (...) My tower crane was done from just looking at cranes working locally (and the occasional chat with an operator - around here they're generally happy to have a (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My Pictures From Brickfest

(...) I saw someone else's photo of this the other day and was mightily intrigued. Looks very cool - but what the heck is it? (URL) - to you and to everyone who did the same - for posting pics so that those of us who couldn't attend in person can at (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  My Pictures From Brickfest

I've collected my Brickfest pics that focus on the Technic, Model Team, and Mindstorms themes. They are presented along with quick descriptions, and they are all thumbnails linked to larger images. (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Installing Cybermaster on an XP machine

(...) Google indeed does rock. Thanks! So far so good. Hate mucking around in the registry but... happy Nik is worth the risk I guess. (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Installing Cybermaster on an XP machine

(...) Google rocks. :) (URL) linked me to Brian Bagnall's homepage. James (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Installing Cybermaster on an XP machine

Has anyone done the subject thing? Did it work? Anything special you had to try? We tried installing from the UK CD to a fairly new XP machine. The first time I tried installing I skipped installing QT 3 and DirectX 5 since the machine already has (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  8475 Quick Lunch Hour Review

So I ordered the 8475 RC 4x4 (URL) not a true 4x4, for the front wheels are unpowered) I put the vehicle together over lunch today, and had to scrounge for batteries, but after everything was done, let me tell you, it's alotta fun! I put an RCX in (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Legal connection combinations

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes: <snip> (...) <snip> Once reading that I was sure I encountered "illegal" connections in many official sets, but I couldn't remember any specific example. After some thinking I came up only with: Before the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Crane...Best Place to Start

As were talking about cranes check out this link (URL) jib dwarfs the truck part of the crane, which is already about as big as they come being a ten axled Gottwald AK912. Steve (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

"Greg Muri" <gmuri1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gzt6t2.AEI@lugnet.com... (...) would (...) about (...) Most of the major manufacturers have datasheets available from their websites; certainly Liebherr, Demag and Grove have datasheets with (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

Very impressive crane, certainly can see why it was voted #1 Technic MOC! I especially like the look of the boom, I just love the look of the beams. I was curious if this was based on a specific crane or just an excellent general representation of (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic Crane...Best Place to Start

Hello, I am interested in starting a large crane project and am looking for some advice. I have seen many pictures surfing the web, but have found no detailed information from which to base a model of a real crane. What would be the best place to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) I was fortunate enough to get it right (or at least get it to work) on the first try. For some reason, every part of the construction went very well, almost too well. I kept a log of my building time, and was quite surprized at the final (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

Thomas, (...) Sounds interesting! (...) Only 71 hours, that's not much for such a high tech crane. I wish I could see the crane in real once. It would be great if you can show on the Modelshow Europe ;-) The visitors like the LEGO models! Especially (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

Mine arrived. At this price, it's worth it for the parts. I think there are some rather useful components for robotics in here - especially those giant Mudder off-road tires. This set even has some traditional technic beams and the only 90 degree (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) TJ: Congratulations! That is just fantastic. I can't wait to see it! j. (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) Oops! I'm sorry, but I forgot to add one important detail on the main post (it was such a hodgepodge of info). The crane was voted the #1 MOC in the Technic category. Thank you to everyone who voted for it! And a great big thanks to the awards (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  The Big Crane At Brickfest

I brought a new MOC to the fest- a large pedestal mounted marine crane. This directory contains a few of my pictures: (URL) others took pics of it at the fest. Here are some of them: (URL) prepare a proper webpage for it sometime in the near future. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: Brickfest Pics: Two Cranes

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GzqGCF.EsI@lugnet.com... (...) non (...) Indeed so, the crane moves surprisingly quickly and smoothly given its mass and size. Interesting counterweights too! Jennifer (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brickfest Pics: Two Cranes

(...) That looks like the TJ I saw getting my big box off the luggage carousel... And the crane base looks like the one I helped re-assemble while waiting for Lindsay to emerge from the I-95 traffic mire... So I would say you score two for two there (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brickfest Pics: Two Cranes

(...) Ah-Ha! My crane has been spotted. Yes, that's me and my beast. I'll try and get up a few pics of it tomorrow. I'll let ya know. I had a good time letting people "drive" it (like Larry, as he said). It was good fun. I had an even better time (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brickfest Pics: Two Cranes

(...) It's him and it's his crane. That thing is pretty amazing. It uses some non LEGO(r) (notably the remote control and a few other bits) but not much. I got to drive it! Way cool. (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brickfest Pics: Two Cranes

(...) I'm also wondering who did this (URL) is that you there TJ? More important, is that your crane? ROSCO (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Brickfest Pics: Two Cranes

Hey everyone - I didn't take many pictures at Brickfest this weekend, cause I was too busy checking out all the awesome MOCs and chatting with friends old and new. One thing I did take pictures of was Jennifer Clark's amazing Demag crane, with my (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

Mine was shipped out today and I ordered on 7/18. Not bad for a back ordered lot! And yes, mucho thanks to greg for the heads up on this great deal. Luke (URL) Morgan" <trees@utk.edu> wrote in message news:GzpqC3.A5I@lugnet.com... (...) orders. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

Of course here in Holland the H2FLYER is not a valid discount code..... So 8466 is still EUR129,- Duq "Greg Muri" <gmuri1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GzG79n.M07@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

Looks like the stock arrived early: ) My 8466 arrived today so you might want to check the status of your orders. The shipping box included a copy of the flyer. Thanks again Greg! John (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) I've just had another look at your controller, it looks as though it's covered in valves but actually four of them are really electrical switches that only look like valves, you've put the same handles on everything. A closer look reveals the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) I dunno, Jennifer and that bobcat. She took me on, over a year ago with it. Her bobcat versus my Cat D11 (since cannibalized but I have the chassis still). We we're both prepared to sacrifice the surface of Tony Priestman's (chesirefest (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The clock is ticking

(...) HUH??? You say you are kidding and I hope so. Right on the front page of www.brickfest.com it clearly states the information you were looking for: WELCOME to the official web site for BrickFest! July 19-21, 2002 - Arlington, Virginia Seems (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) That's an excellent idea, Steve. (...) Jennifer and I got together at the 'fest and improved the performance of the R996 greatly. She hooked up one of her compressors to my excavator and it worked great. That tells me that my first serious (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The clock is ticking

I say somewhat in jest, is the location a secret? It took a minor effort on the brickfest web site to discover it's in Arlington, VA. It often seems to me that the home page of many events, fail to say anything about the location of the event. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Back From Brickfest

I'm back from the 'fest and I just wanted to drop in a quick note to say how wonderful it was. I'll definitely write more about it and provide much more detail later. I'm quite tired now and my wife definitely thinks I've spent too much time with (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Legal connection combinations

(...) Thanks. And that link would be??? (URL) This involves using two outer brace peices 4 units (...) I've often wondered about this myself. I suppose you wouldn't find that type of fit in any official Lego-produced creation. But it is all 100% (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Legal connection combinations

I've just copied T.J's excellent method of connecting two pneumatic cylinders back to back. This involves using two outer brace peices 4 units long and a central, four plate high 2x2 block. The block seperates the cylinders and gives rigidity to the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Body boilding with technic panels

Hello all, I have started a total rebuild of the 8466 and so far I have the chassis done I just can't decide on a body. I have done several versions with the green panels, I just haven't come up with a good design yet. Does anyone have some good (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) As has been mentioned several times, you can deep link direct to the .jpg before the images are moderated, which is less likely to cause angst among lugnetters (many of whom are good mates with "moderator fascist" Kevin) than sentences such as (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle meets Galidor to make an "interesting" MOC

Hey Nicole, I like thise pics! Nick is te third (and last) Galidor figure I have. I was thinking of using his head and body and combining that tihe Gali's arms and legs. And yup, I did ask if they would work with Bionicle - I was really curious (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.galidor, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) It's a free country, even if it's not a free brickshelf. I have a democratic right to moan :-). (...) I haven't finished in .technic yet I think this guy has the right idea, he makes a lot of sense. (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

What is the point of this? Was this really a post that needed to be made by anyone other than Kevin? I think that Kevin deserves a huge box of Lego for his efforts with Brickshelf, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why not offer something (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) or don't complain about the FREE service. James FUT --> lugnet.publish (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) Other people are opposed to brickshelf moderation as well: (URL) use of the term fascist wasn't meant that seriously, It does seem to be using a bit of a sledgehammer/nut situation though. We have the same problem in UK traffic management. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) Impudent ingrate. -John (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic Set?

(...) Not just stickers, also instructions and boxes I'd think... Maybe we should find out which trashcans they use so we can have an ultra-rare set :) Jan-Albert van Ree (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) Brickshelf moderator fascists? Would that be the guy Kevin Loch, who's selflessly put 3+ years into the community, providing instruction and catalog scans and free picture hosting space out of his own pocket? If you don't like what he's been (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) Now that is one of the neatest technic/pnu things I've seen in a long time (since Jen Clark's hand held pnu unit with compressor built in!) Dave K (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) The brickshelf moderator fascist's have cleared my pic's so those links will work now and my earlier post will make that much more sense. Steve (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

I've come up with a prototype design for a for a pair of control levers that can operate the 4 major digging functions of a Hydraulic excavator without the operator having to take their hands off them to reach another control. (URL) idea was to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle meets Galidor to make an "interesting" MOC

You see this is why I hate getting behind in posting information. (URL) be included in my second round of my Galidor review started here: (URL) and if I remember correctly you asked about it here: (URL) but it seems you beat me to posting. :) NBD. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.galidor, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Technic Set?

One question. Just where did that picture come from???? I got my hands on the 8475 recently and was expecting LEGO would include a photo of this in a Racer or Technic flyer. Result: zippo, nada, nothing!! -- Adrian Egli "Greg Muri" (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle meets Galidor to make an "interesting" MOC

(...) BTW if you want to try this yourself, Lewa and Onua (as well as the other Toa sets) are on clearance at Target (U.S.) for 50% off this week. Maggie C. (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.galidor, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New Technic Set?

Feel sorry for TLC though. I reckon they must have thousands of sticker sheets printed, and now they can start all over again, doing them in HP rather than Compaq... Duq "Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic Set?

Very sorry. Hope I didn't offend anyone with my previous response. I should have read the info more closely. Greg "Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message news:GzGnsz.3pu@lugnet.com... (...) info (...) have (...) Maybe I (...) SC (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Trouble with Mata Nui on-line game

The game seems slower and slower. The waiting symbol (Mata Nui in quarters) goes on for ever. My firewall tells me that I'm not downloading from the net - I'm uploading? Tons of bytes! What's happening - is LEGO trying to empty my harddisk? Tine (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New Technic Set?

What do you mean "it was too good to be true"? Did you actually read the info at the links?? The Williams set WILL be released Sep 2002. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic Set?

I was afraid it was too good to be true. Sure would have been cool to have a new set like this, or at least a detail package to convert the SC into this F1 car (ANYBODY AT TLC HEARING THIS????). Personally I find this version of the SC to be much (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle meets Galidor to make an "interesting" MOC

Hey all, I took my two oldest kids to Legoland over the past weekend and they had a new attraction called "Quest for Galidor" This was basically an attraction to get the kiddos to play with the Galidor parts and decide they like them and then to bug (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.galidor, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Technic Set?

Compaq is the main sponsor of BMW Williams, to me that's a another SC in new colours... 'WilliamsF1 Team Racer' will allow children to build and re-build their very own FW24. How about a Jordan or Bar model? A quick search on the net: (URL) *Dutch* (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic Set?

Looks great. A long while back there was a picture of a BMW-Williams F1 that looked very similar to this Compaq model. Someone may have a link. It looks as if the large "Technic" sets will live on through the Racers line (as well as Star Wars). (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

Wow. Been wanting to take a look at this set's 4WD elements for a while...as well as the purported "power steering". Thanks for the post. Works on S@H and what a wonderful deal! Thanks again! Luke "jdslm" <yeltomsj@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

Thanks for the heads up, I just used the code on their website and it worked there too. Great buy at that price. :) (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New Technic Set?

(URL) know anything about this? Looks very nice, I hope this is the replacement for the soon to be discontinued Silver Champion. Has anyone seen any information on new Technic sets coming out? Seems like there hasn't been anything new for a while (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

FYI, I have already been charged for the 2 sets I ordered and the S@H rep I just spoke to said the sets are in the warehouse and they are processing orders now. Greg "Greg Muri" <gmuri1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GzEntH.3t1@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

(...) Prices valid through September 30, 2002, or while supplies last. This is discontinued, with limited quantities, so I don't expect supplies to last too long. John (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  RE: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

Does the flyer say how long the prices are good for? Thanks! (...) Behalf (...) item (...) not (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

FYI, I just used this catalog code online at shop.lego.com, and it worked fine. It let me order more than 1, but if there is a S@H limit on these, I'm sure they'll send me an email noting the limit and adjust the order as needed. But I HOPE there's (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8466 is 50% off at S@H

Thanks for the heads up on this deal!. S@H is out of stock but they will take a backorder and honor that price. wahoo! John (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  8466 is 50% off at S@H

For anyone interested, The technic 8466 off-roader is now $59.99 if you use shop@home. When calling, refer to catalog code "H2FLYER" as the catalog you saw the item in. Great deal on a nice Technic set. I tried to get my local Lego outlet to match (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Nick and Jens Bought!

Just like I said here's my review: So I went to Wal-Mart and ended up getting 3 Bionicle Toa for $4.47 each and Galidor's Nick Bluetooth (8310) and Jens (8312) for $9.88 each. What's in the box: Nick Bluetooth; Body core w/5 attachment points, head, (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.galidor, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Welcome back

(...) Miguel, Thanks for the comments. I do find it interesting sometimes to arbitrarily limit myself to a set. Perhaps it make me feel I get more out of that particular set of legos I pay for :) Also, to everyone else in general, if you've tried to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  1st TOP MOC of the Week: Jennifer Clark's All Terrain Crane

Hello@all, Congratulations to Jennifer Clark; her All Terrain Crane was voted for the TOP MOC of the 29th Week. You can read the comments and nominate/vote for the next TOP MOC of the Week here: (URL) Godt! René (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Announcing 'Nyaneo' - The first ever Land Of Bricks MOCM!!

Great Job to both of you! Eric, I love the model and keep pouring over the pictures on Brickshelf. Mark, I've loved the site since the day you put it up and now you're featuring models on it! Very Cool! -Dave (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Welcome back

Hi Luke, Very nice stuff indeed. Building out of a single box offers thrills we hoarders tend to forget about. Keep it up! (You might want to cross-post this to lugnet.building) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  LSH Toa Nuva

I just ordered my "Toa Nuva Champions Kit" K8566 from LEGO Shop at Home. Lewa Nuva and Onua Nuva are included, and the rep said they would ship on Monday. I got a little panicy when she put me on hold to ask her supervisor if it was really OK to (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact