 Technic / 7769
7768  |  7770
Subject:
Technic Crane...Best Place to Start
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:26:56 GMT

Hello,

I am interested in starting a large crane project and am looking for some
advice.  I have seen many pictures surfing the web, but have found no
detailed information from which to base a model of a real crane.  What would
be the best place to start gathering information, other than pictures, about
a particular crane?  Have others here found the manufacturer to be the best
place for details, i.e. blue prints, specs, etc?

The main reason I ask is that in my other model hobby, rocketry, the
manufacturers have been useless when it comes to information for building
accurate models.  This comes from a combination of a lot of information
being classified as well as they get requests from a lot of people for the
same information.  I thought it might be a good idea to ask around Lugnet
before going directly to the manufacturer since someone else may have
already asked them for detailed info.

I saw the Liebherr LTM1055 S 4 on Jennifer Clarke's web site and liked the
look of it.  Does anyone have specific info on that crane?  Also like some
of the larger mobile Demag cranes.  Specifically the AC650, I thought this
would make a very nice model based around the 24x43 wheels/tires.

Thanks for any assistance and advice,
Greg