 Technic / 7768
Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:42:25 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman writes:
Impressive! Never seen such a crane before built of LEGOs.
Sounds interesting!

Only 71 hours, that's not much for such a high tech crane.

I was fortunate enough to get it right (or at least get it to work) on the
first try. For some reason, every part of the construction went very well,
almost too well.

I kept a log of my building time, and was quite surprized at the final tally.

I wish I could see the crane in real once. It would be great if you can
show on the Modelshow Europe ;-)

Ah, now that would be something! Unfortuantely, the crane doesn't travel
well. I spent hours doing assembly and disassembly work at the fest. And
I've spent my Lego budget for the year ;-)

The visitors like the LEGO models! Especially when it's a real working model.
9.5 pounds = ... kgs??? Sounds heavy, so the crane has a great lifting
capacity. Is the boom strongs enough??? You have to take care of sufficient
counterweights or else the crane will collapse.

9.5 lb = 4.3 kg. I know it can lift more than that, I was not brave enough
to go for more at the fest, and the water ballast proved to be too little
weight. I'll have to try something else, and now that I have it back home,
I'll throw a bunch of steel in it!

Nice job!

Thanks!

TJ