 Technic / 7771
Re: Technic Crane...Best Place to Start
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:46:45 GMT

"Greg Muri" <gmuri1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Gzt6t2.AEI@lugnet.com...
Hello,

I am interested in starting a large crane project and am looking for some
advice.  I have seen many pictures surfing the web, but have found no
detailed information from which to base a model of a real crane.  What • would
be the best place to start gathering information, other than pictures, • about
a particular crane?

Most of the major manufacturers have datasheets available from their
websites; certainly Liebherr, Demag and Grove have datasheets with pictures
and dimensions generally sufficient to make a good model. Other details I
tend to fill in from photos of the same/similar cranes from manufacturers,
sometimes from the WWW, other times just photos from cranes working on
sites. My AC50-1 was built from the Demag datasheet and five photos for
example.

I saw the Liebherr LTM1055 S 4 on Jennifer Clarke's web site and liked the
look of it.  Does anyone have specific info on that crane?

It is an older crane so details may be difficult to come across, but I'd
also be interested in details if anyone can find anything!

Jennifer