 Technic / 7748
7747  |  7749
Subject:
Back From Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 04:30:37 GMT

I'm back from the 'fest and I just wanted to drop in a quick note to say how
wonderful it was. I'll definitely write more about it and provide much more
detail later. I'm quite tired now and my wife definitely thinks I've spent
too much time with the brick lately (and for once I agree with her :-)

Briefly, the Technic & Mindstorms offerings were amazing. There was quite a
show from many people. HiTechnic (John Barnes and Stephen Barker) put a
tremdous amount of work into things (like sponsoring the competitions) and I
think the outcome was great!

One other noteworthy highlight: during the Q&A session with Brad Justus, I
asked him about the Technic theme and he simply responded that "it was not
dead". So, interpret that as you will, but I think it's good to hear.

TJ