 Technic / 7775
7774  |  7776
Subject:
Installing Cybermaster on an XP machine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:47:22 GMT

Has anyone done the subject thing? Did it work? Anything special you had to try?

We tried installing from the UK CD to a fairly new XP machine. The first
time I tried installing I skipped installing QT 3 and DirectX 5 since the
machine already has much newer versions of those.

We got errors on launch:

First got the message "Fatal error: 806D0009"
after OK got the message "Fatal error: 80650067"

both with additional text advising us to ring up the toll free number and to
try reinstalling.

I uninstalled, rebooted and did a reinstall to the default dir letting it
also install directX and QuickTime.

Same exact errors.

I can't easily ring the toll free number since I'm in the US and I've lost
the part of the packaging that has the number (somewhere... it's here
somewhere)... The lego.technic.com/cybermaster site wasn't a lot of help, it
did not address what to do if you get a fatal error on launch.

This used to work on our win 98 machine so I don't think it's a bad CD or
anything.

Thanks! (amazing how fast stuff goes obsolete if that's what it is, this is
circa 1998 stuff!)