 Technic / 7734
7733  |  7735
Subject:
Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:30:40 GMT

I've come up with a prototype design for a for a pair of control levers that
can operate the 4 major digging functions of a Hydraulic excavator without
the operator having to take their hands off them to reach another control.

The idea was to design a system that replicates much more closely the
controls used in the real world. By using two axis controls you can operate
all functions simultaneously if needed. The fist switch has two pnuematic
function's, so that could be set to control the two arm function's, the
other has one valve and one electric switch, so that could be used for
bucket control and slewing the body of the digger.

The system would be ideal for models like those of T.J and Jennifer who both
have pneumatic excavators, although the extra performance might be wasted on
T.J's machine as he's admitted it's a little slow. Why do you have so many
valve's on your controller T.J?

All it needs now is a pair of foot pedals for controlling the tracks and an
excavator to connect it to, but that'll take a bit more time :-).

Steve