 Dear LEGO / 4018
Re: New Technic Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:12:55 GMT

I was afraid it was too good to be true.  Sure would have been cool to have
a new set like this, or at least a detail package to convert the SC into
this F1 car (ANYBODY AT TLC HEARING THIS????).  Personally I find this
version of the SC to be much more appealing than the stock version.  Maybe I
will just have to make some body panels, wings and decals to convert my SC
as Lego seems not to be interested in supporting the folks that prefer
Technic over Bionicle.

Is it just me or is TLC phasing out Technic altogether (keep in mind I do
not consider Bionicle to be part of the Technic line, at best the larger
sets are good parts kits for true Technic projects)?  All I hear about
anymore is this set and that set being discontinued, but not a single thing
that is new.  Not even a Legend.  Sure hope I am wrong.

Hey TLC, bring back the greats!!!!  8868 Airtech Claw Rig, 8880 Super Car,
8460 Crane Truck, 8480 Space Shuttle, 8862 Backhoe/Grader.  These sets are
what TRUE Technic is all about.

Sorry for the minor rant.  :)
Greg

"Michael Edwards" <medwards@kanohipower.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
Compaq is the main sponsor of BMW Williams, to me that's a another SC in • new
colours... 'WilliamsF1 Team Racer' will allow children to build and • re-build
their very own FW24. How about a Jordan or Bar model?

A quick search on the net:
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/020131162725.shtml
http://www.formula1.nl/f1/archief/00000981.htm *Dutch*
Lego Image: http://www.formula1.nl/f1crew/02williams_lego.jpg
Lugnet Post: http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=6474
LEGO Press release:
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/morepress.asp?CategoryId=4&id=229
and http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=11159 *from • Christopher
Fenter*,

Enjoy :)

~~
Mike Edwards
~~
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=edwards-parts  ~ Edwards-Parts
http://www.kanohi-power.com ~ Kanohi-Power.com
~~
"Mark Koesel" <koesel@umich.edu> wrote in message
Looks great.  A long while back there was a picture of a BMW-Williams F1
that looked very similar to this Compaq model.  Someone may have a link.

It looks as if the large "Technic" sets will live on through the Racers
line (as well as Star Wars).  While it is sad to see the passing of the
Technic brand, it is exciting to see the theme ranges incorporating
would-be Technic sets.  Hopefully this trend will continue with other
themes as well.

"Greg Muri" <gmuri1@yahoo.com> wrote in message • news:GzG83J.1Jp@lugnet.com...
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=210520

Anyone know anything about this?  Looks very nice, I hope this is the
replacement for the soon to be discontinued Silver Champion.  Has • anyone
seen any information on new Technic sets coming out?  Seems like there
hasn't been anything new for a while now.

Greg