 Galidor / 22
Re: Nick and Jens Bought!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.galidor, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:04:23 GMT

Just like I said here's my review:

So I went to Wal-Mart and ended up getting 3 Bionicle Toa for $4.47 each and
Galidor's Nick Bluetooth (8310) and Jens (8312) for $9.88 each.
     What's in the box: Nick Bluetooth; Body core w/5 attachment points, head,
lower and upper arms and legs (pair), a "tool" arm, a backpack, a Lego club
membership offer, and a poster with the figures in an action pose that include
the girl's (I don't know her name) action figure. The reverse side I'm assuming
is supposed to be instructions/ideas, but to me, is just another action poster.
Jens; is much the same except his body has 7 attachment points and has a pair
of midsection arms(again I don't know what else to call them).
other Lego sets such as the Star Wars Super Battle Droid (8012) and on the
Bionicle Exo-Toa (8557). The part I find the most interesting is the joints are
solid and permanently attached to whatever part they are in. The pins by
themselves have friction so they will work with Technic beams, pin joiners, and
plates. The figures hands are shaped to hold cross ales and pins.
    Size: HUGE! Nick and Jens tower over the Toa and are nearly the height of
Exo. GI Joe and Barbie watch out!
    Ratings: If I were looking at the two sets as Lego sets they get a 2 out of
10, good for parts when the prices come down in stores. If I were looking at
these two as action figures, they get 8.5 out of 10, excellent buy but needs
some extras for the dollar amount.
    Final Thoughts: I have to say not bad for under ten dollars if you want to
try something new. If your saving your pennies for something else, don't get a
Galidor figure. When the prices come down I will be getting Gorm, Nick Deluxe
(for the wings), and the girl, (I doubt if they are going to make her. She's
apparently a main show character and her figure isn't out yet?) but no others,
unless the 20 and 15 dollar sets come way, Way, WAY, down in price. I will be
uploading pictures to our Brickshelf account, as soon as I can, that go along
with this post and of some experiments with the sets.
Thanks for reading what has to be the longest post I've ever done.
xposted to galidor, general, and technic
FUT galidor
Thanx~
Nicole
http://www.geocities.com/duelarcane1/