 General / 37750
Re: How bad do your hands hurt?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:09:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie writes:
I gotta ask, who else deals with the hand and finger stress from long
building projects. I know it's a common ailment that we all deal with. I
mean who hasn't cut, scratched or abraised themselves while building Lego.

Man, I was building all day Sunday, and my fingers are all bruised and, well
yiesh my skin, forget it~ (TMI)

Since I work on a computer keyboard during the day, and often have Lego
building sessions that last eight or ten hours, I can totally identify with you.

My best suggestion:  Ice down your hands after long building sessions.  I
just put some ice and water in an empty Lego bucket, and plunge my hands in
until I can't stand the cold any longer.  Pull them out for a few minutes to
warm up a bit, then right back into the ice water.  Repeat as long as
necessary...

It's no fun trying to build when your hands hurt, so take good care of them!

JohnG, GMLTC