 General / 37773
Re: How bad do your hands hurt?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:38:42 GMT

Since I work on a computer keyboard during the day, and often have Lego
building sessions that last eight or ten hours, I can totally identify with you.

Ya, I work with Computers too, and I also work with the cabling and
electronics, it always seems like I work and play hard compounding the issue.

My best suggestion:  Ice down your hands after long building sessions.  I
just put some ice and water in an empty Lego bucket, and plunge my hands in
until I can't stand the cold any longer.  Pull them out for a few minutes to
warm up a bit, then right back into the ice water.  Repeat as long as
necessary...

Good point, even thought it may seem un-macho, your hands do need it!

It's no fun trying to build when your hands hurt, so take good care of them!

JohnG, GMLTC

Here! here!

Thanks!