 General / 37793
Re: How bad do your hands hurt?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 02:18:38 GMT

I cut a promotional jar opener (like those found here:
http://www.baystateline.com/searchcategory.asp?Category=jar%20openers )
into about 6 ovals (one for each technic parts box). I pinch one between
my thumb and index finger and give those gears and pins a good yank.

Eric Sophie wrote:
I gotta ask, who else deals with the hand and finger stress from long
building projects. I know it's a common ailment that we all deal with. I
mean who hasn't cut, scratched or abraised themselves while building Lego. • [snip]
How do you guys deal with it? I fear using lotion, or it would soften up my
paws, and you know we need strong hands to pry apart plates. I use tools,
what kinds do you folks use? I feel like if I were Lou Ferigno from the TV
show "The Increadile Hulk". Like I have to use one of those big ol #1
pencils from 1st grade or I would break em!