 Technic / *10001 (-100)
  Re: 8475

(...) Greetings, Hope these pictures help clear up some questions. First time for me using the camera so they aren't as clear as I would like them but I thought you would want to see the new parts : ) Lots of promise with these parts and I want to (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  "Technic Hall of Fame Nominees" poll

Here it is: (URL) can choose any set you would like to see nominated for the hall of fame. After the poll has been running for a while and the leading sets are clear we can set up a "Ranking" poll with only the best 10 (or 5 or whatever) sets so (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

And if someone does take it upon themselves to snap pictures: I'd also love to see a sideview and topview comparison of the 8475 wheels with their off-road tires vs. the 8466/8458 wheels with their off-road tires, and the same comparisons using each (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

Does anyone have pics of these parts up on the web anywhere? I can't really get the idea from the text descriptions. --Jack Gregory "John Heins" <Johnmhiii@aol.com> wrote in message news:H0rK02.99z@lugnet.com... (...) points (...) the (...) body (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Pugali the Male version of Gali and...

... the other lesser known other female Toa. Pugali the male Toa of water: (URL) in there is Wahonua the female Toa of Rock: (URL) the female Toa of Ice: (URL) the female Toa of Air: (URL) the female Toa of Earth: (URL) last but not least Watahu the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 8475

I have to say -surprisingly, this looks like maybe TLC is getting more on track. This set seems to have much more potential than I expected. Not being able to pry this away from my 10 year old who was busily building, I had to wait until he went to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best Technic set poll

I bought the Destroyer Droid but thought is was a royal pain to build and was one of those "sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't" sets. When you folded it into a "ball" and rolled it, sometimes it wouldn't open up. Besides, I don't think it was (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best Technic set poll

What do you think it should replace? (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best Technic set poll

8851 Excavator ((URL) was a favorite of mine, bulldozer chain links, pneumatic cylinders, etc. -- Adrian Egli "David Arnon" <arnon@NOSPAMsilicon-value.com> wrote in message news:H0pnD7.MwM@lugnet.com... (...) sets. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Togaka and Horahi

The latest members of the Toa family have been uploaded to our Brickshelf account. The folder is here: (URL) admin approval. Descriptions/explanations of Togaka and Horahi's roles in the Toa family will be uploaded as soon as I write them (read: (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Bionicle Movie

From Development Hell in Issue 95 of SFX - written by Nick Setchfield "The Military Industrial Entertainment Plaything Complex continues to infiltrate the minds of the world's young. Miramax Pictres has teamed up with the mighty Lego to bring the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Anyone find this site before?

(...) Thanks, this is a really pleasing dictionary of speech examples. (Ngata's Maori dictionary.) Pay attention also to the final credit in Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. Hint: It's not Elvish (: (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Anyone find this site before?

(...) I've been using the one at (URL) lately; the one you mentioned doesn't work with the version of Netscape that I usually use. There have occasionally been topics about various dictionaries/translators in the forums at BZPower.com. John (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Anyone find this site before?

(URL) language for most of the early Bionicle in an online translation form. Yeee Haw! -- Thanx~ Nicole; "Now with Masters in Psychology Analytical Action!" (URL) Account: drumm-family Geekshelf Account: Drumm-Family Bricklink Store: drumm_family (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Best Technic set poll

I was thinking about setting up a poll about the all time best Technic sets. (see: (URL) seems to me the best kind of poll is the "Ranked" in which: "A voter may enter ranked values for poll items, starting with 1 as favorite, 2 as second favorite, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  another full size technic model

Hi all Our little family had a fantastic trip to Legoland in Billund this Summer. I thought I would share these great pics of one of the all time greatest Lego Technic models, in life size. These are not a good as the ones of the Silver Champion (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) he speaks the truth....he spent a lot of time "playing" with it at the dinner last night. Someone said that Calum needed to get a girlfriend... :) I know I really shouldn't poke fun....since I do have a nice collection of paradisa, but still I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

I forget who it was who said ebay is the answer. I do not belive it is. Those models on ebay are great and I would not hesitate to buy them on ebay if I had the money. However there is a major part missing to all these sets. They have been done (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

Interesting, but not actually relevant to technic being dead. I've got to say, that even with the new technic liftarms being cheap(er) to produce, that doesn't explain why lego are suddenly making the bionicle bodies and arms- these super (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  8475 and skipping...

I don't know if I already blew the 8475 unit by my antics (tho I don't think so...) But I'm noticing, even with brand new batteries, that the unit 'skips', as if there is a break in transmission between the hand held controller, and the RC unit in (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Here we go again with the Bionicle-bashing. You may not like Bionicle, but apparently Lego is making a ton of cash off of the series. In fact, it was their most popular product line. If Lego is making a fortune off it of, why should they (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) Subscribe to the weekly LEGO S@H specials sent out every Wednesday 1-2-3 Marie was on sale for something like 3 bucks (U.S. I know, but I needed a driver so I'll pay the exchange) a few weeks back, and I just got the Super Car, so I wanted a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) OH MY GOD. WHERE DID YOU GET THE MARIE DOLL?#@$(*&(@*#&$(*&($#! I SO WANT ONE. I only have the Scala Olivia doll! (drives my 8448 like Derek's) Calum PS-Anyone know how to "lower" the springs on the 8880 so it looks less like a 4x4? (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8880 tires on 8458/8466 rims?

Ah, I see. I think you are right about the rims being smaller. They are the same style, but looking at pictures of the two types of rims I can now see that the ones on the 8475 are about 1cm smaller in diameter. Furthermore, after closer inspection, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) Oh it'll be coming to tonite's dinner! The problem with my digital camera, a not-well-lit room and black technic pieces is that you can't distinguish items, but you'll see it tonite anyway. Thanks for looking! I had fun making the storyboard! (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8880 tires on 8458/8466 rims?

In lugnet.technic, Mark Koesel writes: <snip> (...) The 8475 comes with a smaller version of the 8466 rubber tires--and a lot less knobby! It also comes with 'road rubber' tires--small, flat, low profile, much like the silver champion tires. I (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) Really nice job with the car Dave (again)! I'm guessing you pulled the V8 engine and the transmission to make room for the R/C unit. My only problem is.... where is the R/C unit? I mean you can see the antenna clearly, but it seems like you (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  8880 tires on 8458/8466 rims?

Is that what I'm seeing here, on the page with the new 8475 RC Race Buggy: (URL) ? It hadn't occurred to me to even try this. This surprises me somewhat. In the thread "I motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!", the poster used what appeared to be 8448 (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) Pics are up! (URL) have seen lots of neat stuff on-line lately where LEGO is concerned, like the little space dudes putting the PC together, so whoever made that, I did a quick plagiarizing... ;) (plagiarism being the highest form of flattery, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Buy bulk on ebay

(...) Hi, I've never counted my pieces (98% technic), but from your comments, it seems like I might be well above 7,000 since I do not the risk of running out of most technic elements any time soon (exceptions include the newest double no-friction (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  More procrastinating...

So I ripped apart RC 8466... And decided to put the 'guts' of the 8475 into... (wait for it...) the 8448!!! (and there was much rejoicing....) I'll have pics up in hopefully a few hours, but let me tell you, the 8448 is *far* superior for the RC (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic is Alive !!!! ( My thoughts)

Anyways, No natter what how many pieces we have, we allways want more! regards jt "Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:3D531084.804090....com.au... (...) some (...) in a (...) don't (...) that (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Buckets of "Shame" - Near useless stuff I have too much of

(...) I have to confess that I have a similar "depository" of less than useful pieces. I have a rather large collection of parts used to teach various classes (robotics, machines and such). I have trays holding "reasonable" amounts of parts sorted (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!

Just posted another movie. This time it works with a battery pack. My dad is the lucky one to control it this time, not my brother =D (URL) be up soon, keep checking! Thanks!! Jake (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic is Alive !!!! ( My thoughts)

(...) My solution to the color problem is to only buy beams etc in one color (I got a large quantity of black, some grey then one or 2 of other colors that I got for various specific uses) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic is Alive !!!! ( My thoughts)

(...) put (...) extra (...) I'm think Technic has been declining as a whole where we define Technic as the LEgo line that valued function over form. This is somewhat understandable with the car series: when 8880 came out, it was a technical wonder. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic is Alive !!!! ( My thoughts)

(...) Some folks perhaps... but 'many'? When I got back into LEGO as an adult I went on a buying frenzy. I bought not only assorted tubs and buckets, but also Technic sets and also parts packs from LEGO Shop @ Home Canada. And then...... it was as (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic is Alive !!!! ( My thoughts)

Intersting points, I checked out your Web-site and I was impressed! Most of all I liked the: Atlas Copco Roc F7 CR Very very nice~!!! Build on! Legomaster (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Togaka & Horahi Preview Teaser Image

Well I couldn't wait so here's the owners of Reverence and Rapture. Teaser picture for now only. :) (URL) "Now with Masters in Psychology Analytical Action!" (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

(...) Oh Yeah! I motorized it, and drove it down the stairs! Only broke two grey connertor pins! That's one surprizingly tough little puppy! Greg (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic is Alive !!!! ( My thoughts)

Ok, I guess we have to live with those treads every once an a while, since TLC wouldn't release anything like the 'good old days'. And since many of us here on lugnet have got multiple sets of the 'real' technic, and also spends alot of money to get (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: High Quality Technic Friction Pegs DATS

Rats! Forgot to cross-post to lugnet.technic! (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SpyBotics Flyer

Anyone tested the website www.spybotics.com ?? What is the purpose of this site?? What to do? /Martin "Colin White" <cwhite@dbaint.com> wrote in message news:H0HB26.7D9@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) today (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: First teaser attempt

Slag it all I forgot to crosspost. "Nicole Drumm" <kdrumm1@stny.rr.com> wrote in message news:H0ILoo.JMC@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  First teaser attempt

So you all don't think I/we have fallen off the face of Mata-Nui/Earth I present our first teasers. Rapture: The intelligent FLYING sword used by the newest Toa family member ........ :) (URL) The other intelligent LEVITATING sword used by the other (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  RE: Old MOC: Liebherr R 996 Excavator

Nice work TJ! This is an absolutely fabulous model and I am so sorry I missed it at Brickfest. Steven B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) (URL) Information: (URL) member #414 (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Old MOC: Liebherr R 996 Excavator

You've seen it at BimP[1]. You've seen it at Brickfest[2]. Now you can see the full details of it at my site: (URL) finally finished my own personal webpages on the model. It's taken quite a while to get this together. I took way too many pictures! (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!

Just checked out the movie. Very cool. your 8466 performed significantly better in terms of speed and accel. (that's just about everything...) than my 8448 did. Then again, I chose to keep all the mechanics and drive everything through the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic is Alive !!!! ( I got tired of that other headline)

Ok, I'm so pumped up right now about Technic more than ever! And I got tired of that Technic's "dead" headline. Without reading the entire thread, my spartan reply is this! I love Technic! e (Besides, I'm building with Technic right now and I'm (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!

Just posted the movie of the motorized off-roader! Check it out here... (URL) is the white image named "OffRoader.avi" (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) Yes, exactly. Hey do you think we've broken new ground in child pcychology 8^) Maybe not but the fact that kids cound demand more complex sets might be somthing lego has not looked into. And more complicated sets do not mean higher prices, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SpyBotics Flyer

As has been pointed out to me perhaps I should have mentioned one URL that does work, which is: www.spybotics.com However, this is not a support site like the one provided for Mindstorms (www.mindstorms.com). What is confusing here is that the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) Those are the lengths of the perpendicular segments - seems a strange way to identify it though... ROSCO (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:CAEBIOGHPFFJALB...mts.com... (...) Injection (...) the (...) Huh?? I'm not sure about that. For as long as I can remember, the 1x1 round plates which have come in a great variety of colors, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: I thought as much

And just to make it really fun ... I've just received some replacement parts from Billund and the delivery note describes p/n 32009 (LDraw name "Technic Liftarm 1 x 11.5 double bent") as "Double Angular Beam 3x7 45degree" 3 x 7???? William (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) As blunt and unsubstantiated as this statement is, I must agree with it. There is something intangible about what makes Technic (and LEGO bricks as a whole) so good. (...) I wonder sometimes if it isn't the educators, researchers and (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!

Thanks, Luke! I used 3 of the newer lego motors like the one in 8735. I heard about that RC 8466, very awesome. That's actually what made me more even more determined. I posted the whole gallery of pics, don't know when exactly it will be up. Keep (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Inventory for 8555, Bionicle / Bohrok / Bohrok Va / Nuhvok Va

(...) I have all of the Bohrok Va except Nuhvok Va, but the parts you record are not what I would expect from a Bohrok Va. (...) All of my Bohrok Va sets have three of these axle pins, but only two are used in the model. I am surprised that you did (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: SpyBotics Flyer

It's also interesting to note that the URL mentioned in brochure (and on the Lego Spybotics boxes): www.lego.com/spybotics does not work! (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  SpyBotics Flyer

Sorry if this has been posted before, but saw this in my local shop today (URL) lugnet.robotics.spybotics (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: I thought as much

I agree with Steven with another example: (URL) also an Lego Service from -88 (mint) that says 'Beams with holes' (swe: Bjälkar med hål) I wish that some of the stuff was available today :) /Pehter (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!

Congratulations Jake! I know you were working on it a while ago. Did you use the standard 9v motor? Someone else has done it using the new RC units (those are considerably more powerful/expensive). Looking forward to the gallery. Sonic "Jake Rentar" (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) The scan is german and the part name translates as 'bar'. I'd say that was closer to beam than brick. Steve (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!

Hi all, After weeks of determination I finally motorized that huge 8466 off-roader. I'll be posting a gallery to brickshelf in a little while (after breakfast) Thanks!! Jake (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

OK, this is the point. When technic sets went crappy (but still good), sales went down, not the other way round. When technic sets become as good as they was, sales will rise. So what exactly do I mean by good? Function over form. Complexity over (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) Bricks have studs, Beams do not, They are good, For some SNOT. (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) That set description was supplied by LUGNET data admins, not by TLC. The curly brackets indicate this. AFAIK, the traditional TLC name for those parts with studs and pin holes are "Technic Bricks". But "beam" has been commonly used for some (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

"Steven lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message news:H0F3x6.BLy@lugnet.com... (...) Remember (...) The service catalogue was still active until relatively recently in the UK, certainly I ordered bits from it after the release of the 8448. I (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) argument. What better way to destroy the memory of the old part than to reuse it's name. Actually as I said before they're both beams. The old type is the default beam so gets the short hand 'beam'. In order to distinguish the new type from (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  I thought as much

(URL) scan shows an old accessory pack of (pre studless) Lego elements. It cleary describes them as beams. So can we stop calling beams, bricks, when they're obviously beams, and can we call the new imposters studless beams therefore creating a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

(...) I never had the 8860, I had the 851 red tractor (URL) actually liked that car actually, still don't. I supplemented my bricks with expansion sets and motor sets and then got the JCB. And I used my plentiful colletion of system sets to provide (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

(...) My 853 was and still is my pride and joy. Never crashed - even the box is still quite good. I guess that's the difference between men and women drivers ;-0 (ducks and runs) Mark (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

"Steven lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message news:H0DzB7.83t@lugnet.com... (...) You mean you never crash tested your 8860 to destruction as a child? That front bumper was surprisingly tough! Jennifer (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

Technic is dead. Mindstorms is alive. However, the first set of the Mindstorms product line -- the original RIS -- is also the best set in the line. Now this worries me a lot. You may still find some of the original spirit of Technic in today's (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8461 Williams F1 Team Racer ----- Silver Champ Variant!!!

What I can see from the picture: The original panels have been replaced by smoother ones: even more impossible to use, but they show the Corporate Decals much better.... The bottom of the side pots is the obvious exception. No Logo's there, so (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) The styling panels may not have structural purposes, but to me they make a Technic set somewhat more attractive. The reality is that very little in the real world is just grids of structural members, there are decorative (or functional) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) I've always gotten a kick out of how you described that container to me once: "The Bucket of Shame." j. FUT .fun (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) Oh, sure. I agree with that. It's having enough beams that's the problem! (...) Well, it just depends on what you need for a given situation. Studs can really help, if you need them. If not, they're just an added complication. But you're (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) Yes, that's true. It's disappointing to get a set with little or no Technic bricks in it. I think one frustrating thing about the new pieces (and I'm thinking of studless beams as well as liftarms, or 1/2 width "beams") is that because there's (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

Ralph Hempel wrote: >[...] (...) On the contrary, Ralph, that's fascinating! Thanks. -Suz (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

In lugnet.technic, Tim Courtney writes: One of the most-asked questions at our train shows is 'are these (...) Wouldn't it be brilliant to fake a lego box of a large, obviously one off Moc, set it up at a public show and everytime your asked that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) I completely agree that bricks have there own place and can be very useful, but I do believe the style of rounded beams and liftarms are a better means for technical modeling then the Technic brick. I still use bricks in all of my models, but (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) I totally agree! I think I overdid it. I totally agree that beams and bricks have their uses, I just don't like how Lego is making the beam 'superioir' these days. The thing that ticks me off, though, is flex axles and 'styling panels.' I just (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

(...) It would be AWESOME if LEGO were to sponsor such a building challenge themed TV show. One of the most-asked questions at our train shows is 'are these all kits? where can I buy them?' They are floored when we tell them we build it ourselves, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  RE: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) Steve, My Dad was one of the mold design and production managers at Husky Injection Molding way back when. I can tell you that LEGO bricks in general have a degree of mold complexity that is very high. There are a number of technical hurdles, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) Very possibly so. Then I reiterate my previous statement. Manufacture them, put them out in bulk packs and price them accordingly. I've paid up to $1.00 U.S. per 1x16 black Technic brick at auction. Is it not possible for the company to sell (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

(...) I'd take it one step further - Brickyard Wars. I hate the Junkyard Wars show becasue the junkyard is so obviously seeded with the parts required to execute one of the three designs for the project. But that doesn't keep me from flipping to the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Legoland Bionicle Jam Music?

Does anyone know where I can get the story of the Toa's as presented at the Legoland Bionicle Jam sessions? There should be two different ones, one from Bionicle Jam last year, and one from Bionicle Jam 2K2 this year. My boy's really love the story (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) Whatever. For building purposes its ratio is approximately 1:1. Leave the micrometer out of it ;-) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) Yes, I'd bet Technic bricks are more expensive to produce, because they require more pieces in the mold. To make a standard brick, you'd only need a two-piece mold - one piece for the bottom, to make the inside hollow, and another piece for (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

(...) I don't think Brad Justus and/or LEGO Direct alone can resurrect Technic as we have known it. But I must agree that some of us are losing faith. LEGO (meaning the parent company) needs to take a look at the success of their own Mindstorms (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) Technically, not quite: a beam is 7.8mm in pinhole direction (same as a brick), 7.4mm between smooth faces Philo (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

For clarification: "beam" = studless beam (e.g. (...) I think each has its own place, which is governed by necessity. We cannot compare equivalent constructions to judge the better piece. For example, if you think of replacing a brick with a beam in (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8461 Williams F1 Team Racer ----- Silver Champ Variant!!!

In lugnet.technic, Jake Rentar writes: <Snipped> (...) Are you sure about that release date?? I just got off the phone w/ SAH (USA) and they don't have it listed. Sooo, I called up Consumer Services. The price and parts count are correct but it's (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) And both the brick and beam have their place in the LEGO parts catalog. But what about those of us not building robots or complicated gear boxes? What about builders who want the old style Technic bricks to use as bracing or frameworks for (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H0DHx7.Gy@lugnet.com... (...) Flex axles can be used to carry compressed air in pneumatic systems, and as cunning attachment points - see the "hook holder" on the crane cab: (URL) a great (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) Larger beams don't have axles, which then renders them inferioir to technic bricks. I'm okay with using a few liftarms and small beams when I have to. But I just find that Technic bricks are ALOT better then beams for a structual, 'chassis' (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8448 worth it?

If you're going to use it, why bother with MISB? You'd only pay collector's value.... I do own the Space shuttle. It's one of the first I got after the Dark Ages and it's one of the best Technic sets ever. It comes with two motors, fiber-optics, all (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact