 Technic / 7985
7984  |  7986
Subject:
Best Technic set poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:07:55 GMT

I was thinking about setting up a poll about the all time best Technic sets.

(see: http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1730)

It seems to me the best kind of poll is the "Ranked" in which:
  "A voter may enter ranked values for poll items, starting with 1 as
favorite, 2 as second favorite, etc. Duplicates are allowed. Results are
total votes as well as first place votes, etc. "

The limit of options is 20, so I compiled the following list of sets:

8480 Space Shuttle
8880 Super Car
8448 Street Sensation
8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck
8862 Backhoe Grader
956/853 Auto Chassis
8868 Airtech Claw Rig
8860 Auto Chassis
8479 Barcode Multi-Set
8002 Destroyer Droid
8422 Super Bike
8458 Silver Champion
8855 Prop Plane
8462 Tow Truck
8865 Test Car
856/951 Bulldozer
8459 Pneumatic Front-End Loader
8466 4x4 Off Roader
8094 Control Center
8485 Control Center II

It's a mix of the best rated Technic sets, the most rated Technic sets and
my own taste...

Perhaps missing:

8001 Battle Droid
8082 Universal Building Set
8428/8432 Turbo Command
8417 Mag Wheel Master
8446 Monster Crane Truck
8858 Rebel Wrecker

And probably more...

Any comments? any set you think must be there and isn't?
Any thoughts about the number of options? Perhaps we should go with less
than 20?

LMK,
- David