 Technic / 7977
Re: 8880 tires on 8458/8466 rims?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 17:19:31 GMT

Ah, I see.  I think you are right about the rims being smaller.  They
are the same style, but looking at pictures of the two types of rims
I can now see that the ones on the 8475 are about 1cm smaller in
diameter.  Furthermore, after closer inspection, it appears that the
tires that come with the 8475 that I thought were 8880 tires are not.
They appear to be slightly shorter and perhaps slightly wider (?).

So what we have then are two sizes of rims with the same styling, each
type having both an on-road and off-road tire that fits them.  I still
like the on-road tires for the smaller 8475 rims better the ones for
the larger rims (8458 style).  IMHO the ones on the 8458 are too wide,
and really only look reasonable for a race-car.  The smaller ones look
to have a slightly better height to width ratio.

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:H0L3EH.8Mt@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Mark Koesel writes:

<snip>

As a final note: which tires actually come with the 8475?  The scan
referenced above shows both 8466 and 8880 tires.  Does it come with
both types?

The 8475 comes with a smaller version of the 8466 rubber tires--and a lot
less knobby!

It also comes with 'road rubber' tires--small, flat, low profile, much like
the silver champion tires.

I actually haven't tried putting the 8475 rubber on 8466 rims, or vice
versa, but off the top of my head I think the 8475 tires and rims are
smaller than 8466--I'm at work now so I can't verify that.

Dave K