 Technic / 7976
Re: More procrastinating...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:09:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Guerquin writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
So I ripped apart RC 8466...

And decided to put the 'guts' of the 8475 into...

(wait for it...)

the 8448!!!
(and there was much rejoicing....)

I'll have pics up in hopefully a few hours, but let me tell you, the 8448 is
*far* superior for the RC motors than the 8466, though not so much for the
actual control unit--I had to basically rip apart the entire frame to get
the control unit in a useable position for steering, and keep the seats
(you'll  see why in the pics ;) )

I'll tell ya when the pics are up!

Dave K

Really nice job with the car Dave (again)!  I'm guessing you pulled the V8
engine and the transmission to make room for the R/C unit.  My only problem
is.... where is the R/C unit?  I mean you can see the antenna clearly, but
it seems like you were able to hide the thing quite well!  And you managed
to keep the convertible roof too.

The car looks quite stock with the R/C unit.  Nice touch with the blonde!
She seems to be quite handy with the LEGO, and not to mention strong! ;)
I love the way you put the whole 'story' together.

So, does that mean you like 8448 supercar?

If you're coming to dinner tonight, I'm sure we would all love to see it in
the brick.  Just make sure you can find a big enough shoebox to fit it into!!

Play well

John

Oh it'll be coming to tonite's dinner!

The problem with my digital camera, a not-well-lit room and black technic
pieces is that you can't distinguish items, but you'll see it tonite anyway.

Thanks for looking!  I had fun making the storyboard!

Dave K