 Technic / 7967
Re: I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 02:08:58 GMT

Just posted another movie.  This time it works with a battery pack.  My dad
is the lucky one to control it this time, not my brother =D

Should be up soon, keep checking!

Thanks!!
Jake

In lugnet.technic, Luke Ma writes:
Just checked out the movie.  Very cool.  your 8466 performed significantly
better in terms of speed and accel. (that's just about everything...) than
my 8448 did.  Then again, I chose to keep all the mechanics and drive
everything through the transmission so that was fricition X 10 right there.
Maybe the next time I rebuild the 8448 for fun I'll motorize it like you did
and forget about all dem fancy differentials and transmission.
Although not as hidden as the suggested 8448 Steering mechanism, I kind of
like that gigantic motor in the driver's seat.  Makes the entire car look
much more robotic and kind of reminds me of one of the last scenes from
Ocean's 11.  The blown engine was also a pretty cool touch.  Nice job!
Luke
PS Do you happen to have two RCX's?  I had a lot of fun building a remote
control (with rotation sensors) with one RCX and having that control the
car/second RCX.  Code's not terribly hard to write but it's still a fun
little exercise :)