 Technic / 7956
Re: I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:33:55 GMT

Just checked out the movie.  Very cool.  your 8466 performed significantly
better in terms of speed and accel. (that's just about everything...) than
my 8448 did.  Then again, I chose to keep all the mechanics and drive
everything through the transmission so that was fricition X 10 right there.
Maybe the next time I rebuild the 8448 for fun I'll motorize it like you did
and forget about all dem fancy differentials and transmission.
Although not as hidden as the suggested 8448 Steering mechanism, I kind of
like that gigantic motor in the driver's seat.  Makes the entire car look
much more robotic and kind of reminds me of one of the last scenes from
Ocean's 11.  The blown engine was also a pretty cool touch.  Nice job!
Luke
PS Do you happen to have two RCX's?  I had a lot of fun building a remote
control (with rotation sensors) with one RCX and having that control the
car/second RCX.  Code's not terribly hard to write but it's still a fun
little exercise :)

"Jake Rentar" <B2FUTR2@aol.com> wrote in message
Just posted the movie of the motorized off-roader! Check it out here...

It is the white image named "OffRoader.avi"

In lugnet.technic, Jake Rentar writes:
Thanks, Luke! I used 3 of the newer lego motors like the one in 8735.  I
heard about that RC 8466, very awesome.  That's actually what made me • more
even more determined.

I posted the whole gallery of pics, don't know when exactly it will be • up.
Keep checking

NOTE: I WILL BE FILMING A MOVIE OF IT WORKING AND POSTING IT TONIGHT!

In lugnet.technic, Luke Ma writes:
Congratulations Jake!  I know you were working on it a while ago.  Did • you
use the standard 9v motor?  Someone else has done it using the new RC • units
(those are considerably more powerful/expensive).  Looking forward to • the
gallery.
Sonic
"Jake Rentar" <B2FUTR2@aol.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

    After weeks of determination I finally motorized that huge 8466 • off-roader.

I'll be posting a gallery to brickshelf in a little while (after • breakfast)

Thanks!!
Jake