 Technic / 7938
Re: I thought as much
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steven lane wrote:

http://www.lugnet.com/quickset/search.cgi?q=1221,1&w=0

This scan shows an old accessory pack of (pre studless) Lego elements.

It cleary describes them as beams. So can we stop calling beams, bricks,
when they're obviously beams, and can we call the new imposters studless
beams therefore creating a clear naming convention and avoiding confusion.

That set description was supplied by LUGNET data admins, not by TLC.
The curly brackets indicate this.

AFAIK, the traditional TLC name for those parts with studs and pin holes
are "Technic Bricks".

But "beam" has been commonly used for some time, so things are confusing
with two types of 'beams'.

Steve