 Technic / 7980
7979  |  7981
Subject:
8475 and skipping...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:52:53 GMT

I don't know if I already blew the 8475 unit by my antics (tho I don't think
so...)
But I'm noticing, even with brand new batteries, that the unit 'skips', as
if there is a break in transmission between the hand held controller, and
the RC unit in the car.

It'll be zooming along, somewhere between 5-20 feet from me, and it'll just
skip--especially if I'm turning--the steering goes from center to the
direction I'm steering ever second or so... and the speed keeps cutting out.

It's especially noticable inside--since it's 'radio' I know it can't be the
florescent lighting--probably the rebar in the concrete and cubicleville
walls with all those wires 'n such...

I dunno, it's workable, but slightly annoying--i hit a few walls this way ;)

Dave K.