 Technic / 7920
Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 18:16:55 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:

Once you've built a highly efficient and compact model from studless beams,
you'll realize their value. They are indispensable. But Technic bricks will
always have their place too. I consider them the basic building block of
Technic construction, and they are quite important.

My advice: learn to use the new parts. Both Jennifer Clark and John Barnes
have stated their liking of the newer parts, and have commented on the
benefits of doing so. I have also learned to use them and can tell you with
most certainty that they're quite beneficial.

TJ

I totally agree!

I think I overdid it.  I totally agree that beams and bricks have their
uses, I just don't like how Lego is making the beam 'superioir' these days.

The thing that ticks me off, though, is flex axles and 'styling panels.'  I
just can't seem to use the panels.  Flex axles are all right and have their
uses, but I don't think they should be used as an excuse for solid pieces.

But I do like 'ribbed' tubes.  Their less flexy and look more 'solid.'  I
can't comlain about those.

-JHK