 Technic / 7895
Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:06:03 GMT

In my mind it is easy to see where lego went wrong on terms of technic. A
change in the technic line may have been needed to evolve a little after
1997 but they went the wrong direction. Instead of modles becoming more
complex, larger, better looking, more new peices (like a pneumatic motor for
example), we just got better looking (maybe, the 8880 takes some beating
when it comes to lookes). In fact, I prefer the beam to vacuum hose. Have
the designers at lego lost their imagination? I and i'm sure many others
hear at lugnet have many great ideas, designs and concepts that can easily
be made into a technic. Some might have ideas for new parts for there
models. All lego has to do is ask, for we are a fountain of knowledge. We
could give them so many great ideas. If only one of us could sit down in
private with one of the top people at lego and have a serious talk about
(shop safety?) how to get technic great again. I'm sure that would work.
Hmmm, maybe a good idea for the next brickfest or other similar events, a
one on one discussion with, hmmm Brad Justus, if he would so kindly agree,
hell they had a question and answer session last time and he was there, they
could do it after that.   8^)