 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3259 (-100)
  Re: Win98 installation of legos

Theresa, (...) I have not experienced this error. I would suggest searching the newsgroup for "delete firmware" to see if others have. Ed (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 installation of legos

Ed, Thanks for your help! I am using the same version of cygwin that you are. I made the changes you suggested in the two .common Makefiles and now firmdl3 doesn't complain anymore. It does tell me "firmdl3: delete firmware failed", though. I don't (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 installation of legos

Theresa, (...) cygwin. (...) What version of cygwin? If you are using Cygwin B20 you should upgrade. I don't have his book so I don't know his directions. Paolo Masetti has several sets of instructions which I feel is a good standard set. There can (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 installation of legos

Hi Ed, I'm using legOS-0.2.6 because it was recommended in Jin Sato's book and I was following his directions for installing. I suppose I can always upgrade, but if the only difference is in the name... I am also using cygwin. Theresa (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 installation of legos

Theresa, What version of legOS are you using? And what environment are you using under Win98; cygwin or winlegos (DJGPP)? And just wandering why legOS and not brickOS (which is a continuation of development on legOS with a name change to avoid legal (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 installation of legos

(...) Theresa, If you're using LegOS (not BrickOS), then I believe the answer is that you can't get around it. I don't think LegOS works with the USB tower. You'll need to go with a version of BrickOS (which doesn't yet have a cool install like (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Win98 installation of legos

Hello, I am having a problem trying to download to the brick after successfully building legOS on a Win98 system. When I try to execute firmdl3 legOS.srec, after setting up RCXTTY with "export RCXTTY=USB", I get "USB not found". I have already tried (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: /brickos-0.2.6.10/kernel/dsensor.c:360: `sys_time' undeclared (first use in this function)

(...) To get rid of this error, find and replace all occurrences of sys_time with get_system_up_time(). If you look at include/time.h, you will find that the direct reading of the sys_time variable is not allowed anymore. There was a thread about (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Hitachi pre-built tools & other BricxCC news

The links I had on my BricxCC web page to the pre-built GNU tools for the H8/300 no longer work and I was unable to find a copy of the ZIP anywhere else so I have uploaded a copy to my BricxCC sourceforge site (URL) links on my BricxCC page have (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: /brickos-0.2.6.10/kernel/dsensor.c:360: `sys_time' undeclared (first use in this function)

i had the same problem a while back. I figured out that whit the new BrickOS, sys_time is replaced by get_system_up_time. So when you replace sys_time whit get_system_up_time, everything should work fine.(it worked for me, anyway) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: /brickos-0.2.6.10/kernel/dsensor.c:360: `sys_time' undeclared (first use in this function)

(...) now i tried to change //#define CONF_DSENSOR_VELOCITY //!< rotation sensor velocity to #define CONF_DSENSOR_VELOCITY //!< rotation sensor velocity because it use sys_time too. same error: /usr/local/bin/h8300...hi-hms-gcc -O2 -fno-builtin (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  /brickos-0.2.6.10/kernel/dsensor.c:360: `sys_time' undeclared (first use in this function)

I changed in /boot/config.h the //#define CONF_DSENSOR_MUX //!< sensor multiplexor TO #define CONF_DSENSOR_MUX //!< sensor multiplexor Now I got an errormessage if compile once again make realclean make depend make --unix (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LONG DELAY after pressing RUN button (to end the program)

(...) Wow, Steve I've never sucess to make adressing work .... with 2.5 kernel and lnpd with serial tower..... So I've write a library who permit to communicate with other RCX/PC (combot project) it's the first part of my project and i'll post it (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LONG DELAY after pressing RUN button (to end the program)

(...) Because stuff was changed in BrickOS. I can't tell you too much, but I'm sure it's trying to shut-down the program in a cleaner way. I think BrickOS waits 2 seconds before killing tasks. You need to change your LegOS loop: while(true) to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LONG DELAY after pressing RUN button (to end the program)

Hi there, I see that I'm the only one who has recently used this newsgroup. Well thanks to the people who has taken the time to answer my questions, such as nanobapt. I have another question now. I've two different kernels, legOS 0.2.6 and brickOS (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: can't dll with brickOS 2.6.10

(...) Dear Ben Now i have find the solution for the problem: Machine: WIN2000 1) delete cygwin-B20 and clean regedit 2) Follow now the Instruction LegOS 0_2_6 - Instructions for installing on Win9x-NT-2000-XP.htm install latest cygwin Version (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: can't dll with brickOS 2.6.10

(...) Dear Ben I have the same problem. But i checked version 0.2.6 till 0.2.6.10 and i got the same problem with all versions. (only vers 0.2.5 and earlier works) . I have testes with WIN2000 and WIN98. cygwin Vers is B20 and i use the old (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP and DLL

(...) Oh it's normal :) Soft use the library liblnp to connect to tower with lnpd. And lnpd block the acess to the tower ! You need then to download your program with a program like dllx or dll which is include in the application folder of lnpd (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP and DLL

Hi there. I'm running cygwin (because I just have the usb tower) well I want to use the addressing mode of lnp. Ok I edit the file boot/config.h of the kernel and have this: #define CONF_LNP #define CONF_LNP_FAST #define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x20 (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD and cygwin

Nop, actually what I'd like to find out, is if there's some way to make the usb tower work (either on cygwin or linux) for lnpd Thanks in advance, if anyone has the answer CL "nanobapt" <nanobapt@wanadoo.fr> escribió en el mensaje (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD and cygwin

(...) does lnpd work with usb tower under linux ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNPD and cygwin

Sorry if this message is duplicated, but I got an error when publishing and untin now I don't see it published. Hi all, I have the USB tower so by now (because I have a project for the university, and not too much time) I've to use cygwin. Well (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNPD and Cygwin

Hi all, I have the USB tower so by now (because I have a project for the university, and not too much time) I've to use cygwin. Well everthing is running fine, but I came with this question: Is is possible to install LNPD (as a deamon) the same way (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  addressing bricks

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to address RCX bricks, using LNP. I have been looking at examples of code on lnp for ages now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Andrew ___...___ Hotmail messages direct to your (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Can an input be configured as an output?

Hi Vik, An input has a 10K pull-up resistor to 5V in it. When nothing is connected to the input the A/D converter will return a value of about 1023 (which represents 5V). If you short the input (make sure it's in passive mode), you will get a value (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Can an input be configured as an output?

Hi, Im still learning legos (brickOS) and my friend asked me whether an input could be configured as an output? Also, i have seen several robots using 2 RCX, all connected together using wires running from 1 input to anothers output...how does this (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  can't dll with brickOS 2.6.10

I have been away for quite a while, and when I tried to upgrade to 0.2.6.10 I found that after I firmdl3 (which works, and the RCX works) I am unable to dll (yes, using the included dll, yes, with rebuilt .lx files). I get "error deleting program". (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems after upgrading from brickos 0.2.6.09 to 0.2.6.10

Hello, I hope somebody could help me with the following problem. So far I was using brickos 0.2.6.09 under Windows XP and everything worked fine. I downloaded version 0.2.6.10 and downloaded it's brickos.srec file to the RCX. As soon as I switch on (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOs Problem (again)

(...) Cygwin is pure Windows. DJGPP is DOS, and doesn't work well with brickOS. Although everyone should use Linux. DJGPP and brickOS: I managed to build binutils under djgpp, gcc failed but is probably fixable. However, djgpp doesn't have POSIX (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOs Problem (again)

(...) You didn't install tar. Run Cygwin setup again and add tar. (...) No, incorrect. (...) No, he needs to install tar. Max. (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOs Problem (again)

(...) Hello, I think it's really hard to install brickOS on XP cause Cygwin is on a dos base (no ?) and XP have no DOS (only emule). To solve you problem you should install linux :-P Seriously : if cygwin don't find tar you should try to search (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOs Problem (again)

Hi, Recently, I have tried and tried to install BrickOS into Win XP. However, I have had problems in installing. I have installed cygwin and checked that all files have been installed. Built the gcc 2.95.2 and binutils 2.10.1 cross compiler. But I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: API DOCUMENTATION FOR DOWNLOAD

Carlos, Checking out the Doxygen documentation (which is used to generate the API Doc) it should be fairly easy to add other types of documentation including ps and pdf. Ed (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Not sure if you already came across this, but here's a PDF file that provides useful info on the kernel (no API stuff, though): (URL) Rendón M." <crendon@ieee.org> wrote in message news:HCrz01.1HMG@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) found (...) my (...) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  API DOCUMENTATION FOR DOWNLOAD

Hi there. I'm working on a project that requires to have a clear picture of how the kernel is actually orginized, and of course, the API. So, I've found a quite good link where the picture is clear: (URL) the problem is that I actually does not have (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiling the kernel winLegOS

Carlos, Last time I checked you were unable to compile the kernel using winLegOS or DJGPP. For those not familiar with the inner workings on winLegos it is essentially a pre-built Hitachi cross-compiler with several gnu utilities running under (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compiling the kernel winLegOS

Hi there. I've an old notebook (libretto 70ct) and of course not too much space on disk. So I wonder if I can compile the kernel with winLegOS, due to the fact that cygwin consumes a lot of space. If that's not possible, should I have to add some (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: getting BrickOS through slow connection

(...) You might be able to use the Hitachi pre-built cross compiler for this. Ed (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: strange motor behaviour

Marko, Here's a thread that might give a little more background on the BrickOS bug Jochen mentions: (URL) Hoenicke" <Jochen.Hoenicke@Inf...enburg.DE> wrote in message news:200304021124.11...burg.de... (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: getting BrickOS through slow connection

(...) You can run Cygwin setup in a "Download from internet" mode, then take the files home, and run it in "Install from local directory" mode. (...) 2 steps: Compiling the cross-binutils and cross-gcc under MSYS, and then (possibly) making changes (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  getting BrickOS through slow connection

My son and I have been looking BrickOS but one sticking point is that we have a slow connection at home which makes getting large packages hard. In such cases, I just download the files at work and burn the files into CD-RW and bring them home. Is (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: strange motor behaviour

(...) The problem is that the upper memory area (0xf000-0xf800) is connected to both RAM and motor output. Every byte written here is also interpreted as motor command. The latest CVS version of BrickOS has fixed this (this memory is written only (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: strange motor behaviour

(...) (this should be your user programm of course) (...) and i've been a bit too quick, it should be 40*40*1 (you're allocating char's), still thats' about 1.5kByte, that is, 1/10th of the memory available to you as user, so the following reasoning (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: strange motor behaviour

(...) well, the RCX only has 32Kbyte of memory of wich half is used by brickOs the remaining half should fit you user programm and all runtime stacks and heaps, so allocating 40*40*2Bytes(the minimum for a pointer in an 32Kbyte adresspace) will need (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  strange motor behaviour

Hello, I wonder if somebody can help me wíth the following problem. In general my program is running okay but when I change the attached data definition, the two motors I use show very strange behaviour (just making some noise and moving very slow (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with BrickOS Installation

Carson, It looks like you missed the tar package.You can check to see what Cygwin packages have been installed on your system by using the cygcheck command at the cygwin command prompt. Try cygcheck -c If the output is too large for your dos window (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems with BrickOS Installation

Hi, When I was at the stage of No.3 in the sourceforge.net documents (Installing the BrickOS files), I typed in cd / tar xvfz brickos-0.2.6.0.tar.gz as it should be, but then it said that command 'tar' cannot be found?? Could anyone please help me? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS Tutorials

Hi, I am new to programming the RCX in BrickOS. Is there any tutorials on the web as a introduction? Thanks -- ===...=== Carson Au carson.au@myrealbox.com www.thunderobotics.zzn.com ===...=== (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) Well, I've had a pretty successful couple of days... If you go to (URL) you will find a tar ball that contains all of the Brick OS utilities compiled for OS X. I've tested them and have successfully downloaded BrickOS and a couple of their (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  linux and the USB IR Tower

Hi, I have been trying to use my lego mindstorms kit along with the USB IR Tower in linux. I have had limited success. I managed to patch the distribution so that firmdl3 recognizes the usb device. I compiled a module for the USB tower device. It (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) I'll have to look at that. I currently have the compiler working from the GNU source but haven't been able to get the C++ BrickOS tests to compile. I used the raw GNU source, version 3.2.2 but I'll look at the darwin stuff (couldn't find it (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) At this point I have a working compiler and have successfully compiled BrickOS (except for the C++ tests, which I have to look into). I'm working on the USB stuff and making some progress (see my other post...). If you're interested in trying (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) ... (...) This is a bug in binutils versions 2.12.2, 2.13 and 2.13.1 . Get the latest binutils (2.13.2.1). Max. (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

Ed, thanks for the quick response. I wrote out a reply, deciding that I would scrap 2.95 and just go for 3.1, but then I got an email pointing out the problem I was having was a bug in binutils. So now with binutils-2.13.2.1, everything compiles (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  chain list

(...) cause I've try but it don't work !! But it work on a PC nanobapt (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

Matt, I have been working with Michael Zapp on "porting" brickOS to the Mac OS X. We too had a fairly easy time with the binutils (ver 20020918). And both of us had issues with GCC although we have been working on Ver 3.1. I have not kept up with (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS on Mac OS X

I'm trying to compile BrickOS on Mac OS X. I'm actually surprised at how well it's been going considering it looks like no one has tried it yet. I've compiled gnu binutils-2.13.1 hosted on darwin6.4, targeted at h8300. That seemed to work fine out (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR port Communication

(...) have you try to look at lnp.c and lnp-logical.c ? See the old version there are not the remote command it's easier It seems that lnp-logical.h use the S_RDR byte to understand what is send on the IR port look at this void rx_core(void) { (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  IR port Communication

ERIKA is an RTOS(erika.sssup.it). The kernel of ERIKA does not support the the serial port communication through the IR port. I want to add that functionality to ERIKA. My final task will be to to develop an application the will allow communication (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc/BrickOS installation issues

You did build binutils first didn't you? (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installing full BrickOS (in an easier way)

Carson, Sorry I don't have these packaged together but here is some more hints. One hint when downloading cygwin modules is to change the package listing view. In the upper left hand "Select Packages" window is a button labeled "View". Click on it (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installing full BrickOS (in an easier way)

(...) What files do you mean? BrickOS itself comes in only one file: brickos-VERSION.tar.gz Do you mean binutils and gcc? Well, that's not many other files. Max. (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Installing full BrickOS (in an easier way)

I am trying to install the full version of BrickOS. However, there are many files to download. Does anyone have all the files zipped together? thanks -- ===...=== Carson Au carson.au@myrealbox.com www.thunderobotics.zzn.com ===...=== (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc/BrickOS installation issues

(...) Not so. Here is the script I use. I suspect that the buildgcc.sh may have omitted to make sure the newly-installed binutils were in the PATH whilst building gcc. Max. BEGIN-SCRIPT #!/bin/bash # Syntax: ./build-h8x (binutils-srcdir|gcc-srcdir) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc/BrickOS installation issues

(...) BricxCC page. (URL) Hansen (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc/BrickOS installation issues

(...) It is extremely difficult to get GCC to build under cygwin. I would highly recommend installing the pre-built binaries from Hitachi's website. I have a set of instructions at (URL) Hansen (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Gcc/BrickOS installation issues

Hi, I'm trying to compile Gcc/BrickOS under cygwin. I have latest version of BrickOS. I tried running ./buildgcc.sh, and the last few lines of that were: bc -I. -I/build/gcc-2.95.2/gcc -I/build/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config -I/build/gcc- 2.95 (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lnpd patch

I someone currently maintaining the lnpd code ? In the case someone does: I do propose a patch for stub.c in liblnp. Because when ublock_rcv() gets executed in lnp_logical_write the SIGIO signal becomes unblocked when executing a lnp_logical_write (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.4

Version 3.3.7.4 fixes a bug where editing large files was extremely slow. If you thought editing large files was slow in BricxCC you may want to try this new release. It is now significantly faster. Users with low-end machines may see a speed (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: compile error with pid_t

(...) Somewhere along the way the terminology changed from 'process id' to 'thread id'. So it should work if you change it to tid_t . I ran in to the same problem a while ago when trying to learn how to use threading based on an old example. Rob (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compile error with pid_t

(...) pid_t is no defined type. Regards, Michael (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compile error with pid_t

Hi, I am having some compile problems. This is how the beginning of my sample program #include <conio.h> #include <dbutton.h> #include <dmotor.h> #include <dsensor.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/tm.h> #include <rom/system.h> pid_t (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.3

This release fixes a problem where opening a file with an associated desktop file (same path and filename but with a .dsk extension) took a very long time. If you are using the desktop feature (which you would have had to turn on via the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Lego RCX Emulator

(...) I have tried standard firmware and it works. Theoretically lejos should work too, there is no firmware specific code. The previous tar.gz file missed the TCL script for the GUI. I just updated the file. Also there are more features such as (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lego RCX Emulator

This looks really cool. Have you tried it with the standard Lego firmware, or lejos? Will you be creating a sourceforge project for this? Can't wait to try it out. mark (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lego RCX Emulator

(...) ... (...) page, printing hELLo worLd on its LCD display. Me, I very nearly made the mistake of not clicking thru to see that page, whoops. Pat LaVarre (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Lego RCX Emulator

Hello, In the last weeks I have started building a Lego RCX emulator. Unlike emulegOS it doesn't emulate the brickOS API, but instead it emulates the h8300 processor and the peripherals. This means that you can even use it to debug your kernel. The (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  quartet networking code

A few months ago, I wrote a short program called "quartet" that would let a variable number of RCX bricks running LegOS play back a song in unison. I've made it available at (URL) . It should compile cleanly under Debian's legOS package. I don't (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Windows XP

Thanks Max, without the z option it worked fine Vik "Max Bowsher" <maxb@ukf.net> wrote in message news:000501c2e0ba$9f...pomello... (...) download. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BricxCC

Hi, I have been trying my hand at a bit of NQC for the BrickOS firmware recently and working with BricxCC. So far it has been good fun although I was wondering if anyone has any tips for getting LNP to run on my brick. As there is an option in the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Windows XP

(...) Your download is corrupted, or, your browser un-gzipped it during download. Try untarring without the z option, if that doesn't work, re-download. Max. (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS on Windows XP

Hi, I went to the BrickOS website and followed all the installation instructions but when i try to untar the files in Cygwin i get the following error message gzip: stdin: not in gzip format tar: Child returned status 1 tar: Error exit delayed from (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BricxCC announcement

BricxCC is a lot of fun to support - fixing bugs, adding useful new features, and answering lots of questions via email. I hope to be able to continue working with BricxCC for a very long time to come. But it does take time. And software development (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Accurate Timing

Hello! I just started using brickOS and am trying to use it as a programmable function generator. As such, I'm trying to get good repeatability on cycle time. It appears that at 'random' times, the RCX scheduler(?) is interrupting my program to do (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.10 avail for testing

The brickOS team is pleased to announce our next test release. We are heading for our formal brickos-1.0.0 release but anticipate at least one more test release before then. Details regarding how to provide feedback are at (URL) can download from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  More warning cleanup - const qualifier ignored on asm

In include/sys/bitops.h : // g++ warns about __asm__ const. we define the problem away. // the CXX symbol is predefined in the Makefile // #ifdef CXX # define ASMCONST #else # define ASMCONST const #endif But CXX is *not* defined in the Makefile. In (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Trivial warning fix

This avoids an "implicit declaration of exit" warning. Max. Index: util/firmdl/mkimg.c ===...=== RCS file: /cvsroot/brickos/bri.../mkimg.c,v retrieving revision 1.1 diff -u -p -r1.1 mkimg.c --- util/firmdl/mkimg.c 20 Aug 2002 03:04:29 -0000 1.1 +++ (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Declaration of kernel_critsect_count

(...) Your request couldn't be more timely as I'm wrapping up a 0.2.6.10 test release this weekend. I've made this change in CVS and you will see it in the .10 test release. As I publish the 0.2.6.10 test release I'll post a message here explaining (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Declaration of kernel_critsect_count

kernel_critsect_count is declared volatile in kernel/critsec.c, but without the volatile keyword in include/sys/critsec.h - this upsets gcc3. Please could these declarations be reconciled? Thanks, Max. (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: dll and the USB tower

I have the same problem (I posted a note 3 days ago "Problem with Brickos ..." # 20311). In addition I don't get firmdl3 to download the firmware. Are you running Windows or Linux? Hans (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  dll and the USB tower

Hi, I downloaded brickOS 0.2.6 and patched it to use the USB tower. All works well (firmdl3 is patched correctly, the module goes in, I can make my own .lx files), except for dll. When I try to download a .lx file into the RCX, dll hangs. The LED (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: H8300 Cross Compiler for Mac OS X (a start ...)

Once again, WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! I have NO prior experience with the Mac or Mac OS X. So use these instructions AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am NOT responsible for any damage you might cause to your machine. Within step 5, you can download gcc ver 3.1 (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: measure distance traveled

(...) I'd use a dual differential drive with (one motor fwd/rev, one motor turns) to ensure a straight line of travel and the a rotation sensor to measure the wheel rotations. If you don't have a rotation sensor use a light sensor to emulate one. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: measure distance traveled

I'm not a professional or anything, but your idea could run into the robot pulling to one side, and not going the exact 1 meter. if you had two rotation sensors (not exactly RPM sensors), the error would be greatly reduced in both the distance and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  measure distance traveled

Hi all, I'm a CS student and I have to complete a practical assignment in which a robot has to drive 1 meter straight forward, make a 90 degrees turn and then drive another meter (course administrators will also place obstacles which have to be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

(...) Say "directory naming semantics" instead of "FS", and you are correct. And yes, that is one of the core features of Cygwin! (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

(...) What do you mean /usr/local/bin? That's a Linux directory, unless Cygwin somehow emulates a complete Linux FS. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

To the group, please. I will quietly delete any responses not copied to the group. (...) Is there h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc.exe in /usr/local/bin ? Max. (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

Sending this to lugnet.robotics.rcx....ugnet.com. I'm not the sole source of brickOS wisdom. (...) Define "everything". (...) Did you build a cross-compiler? Unsurprisingly, Cygwin doesn't come with a compiler targeted for a lego brick. Max. (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  H8300 Cross Compiler for Mac OS X (a start ...)

With access to a Mac OS X 10.2 this week I have made an attempt to build the cross compiler set under Mac OS X. Currently I have an issue with sysinfo.c with the binutils build. But for those interested here are my steps so far. I will post more as (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact