 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3199
Re: Installing full BrickOS (in an easier way)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:12:56 GMT

Carson,

Sorry I don't have these packaged together but here is some more hints.

One hint when downloading cygwin modules is to change the package listing
view. In the upper left hand "Select Packages" window is a button labeled
"View".  Click on it till it shows "Full".  This make it much easier to find
packages as they are are listed here in alphabetical order.

As for downloading the packages then installing vs install from the internet
I choose to download then install.  This way if I screw something up I don't
have to download so much (although I am guessing by your email you have a
big fat university T1 line). When asked to enter the "Local Package
Directory", I suggest you chose a single directory not named for the
download mirror to download to.  I did not do this and now am having
difficulty putting together five different directories from five different
sites with various packages across them.

Good luck.

Ed

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Carson Au writes:
I am trying to install the full version of BrickOS. However, there are many
files to download. Does anyone have all the files zipped together?