 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3218
Re: strange motor behaviour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:24:10 GMT

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 22:19, Marko Ortmueller wrote:
Hello,
I wonder if somebody can help me wíth the following problem.
In general my program is running okay but when I change the
attached data definition, the two motors I use show very strange
behaviour (just making some noise and moving very slow in random
directions).

The problem is that the upper memory area (0xf000-0xf800) is connected
to both RAM and motor output.  Every byte written here is also
interpreted as motor command.  The latest CVS version of BrickOS has
fixed this (this memory is written only once with OS code and then
only used read-only).

  Jochen

--
Jochen Hoenicke, University of Oldenburg, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Email: hoenicke@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de  Tel: +49 441 798 3124