 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3209
Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:41:47 GMT

On 3/28/03 12:19 PM, in article HCH1K3.9uC@lugnet.com, "Matt Van Wormer"
<mattjvw@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

Ed, thanks for the quick response.

I wrote out a reply, deciding that I would scrap 2.95 and just go for 3.1,
but then I got an email pointing out the problem I was having was a bug in
binutils.  So now with binutils-2.13.2.1, everything compiles smoothly.  For
your info, both binutils and gcc are directly from the GNU ftp server.  I
used the <gcc-darwin-file.tgz> from

http://www.lucid-cake.net/osx_arm/index_en.html

and used that guide as a skeleton to help me along my compile process

I'll have to look at that. I currently have the compiler working from the
GNU source but haven't been able to get the C++ BrickOS tests to compile. I
used the raw GNU source, version 3.2.2 but I'll look at the darwin stuff
(couldn't find it earlier...).

Also Michael has been tackling the issue of USB communication
(I can add more about this if requested).

Yeah, that's where I'm stuck now... let me know anything you guys have done
so far

I'm currently working on firmdl3 and have it successfully transmitting data.
The problem right now is with receiving data. If you're interested, I'm
using libusb to provide the USB support since it provides standard Unix
support  (I think this would be a good way for the utilities to go in
general...).

Michael