 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3169
3168  |  3170
Subject:
dll and the USB tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:02:02 GMT

Hi,

I downloaded brickOS 0.2.6 and patched it to use the USB tower. All
works well (firmdl3 is patched correctly, the module goes in, I can make
my own .lx files), except for dll. When I try to download a .lx file
into the RCX, dll hangs. The LED blinks once and then it just stops.
When I sequentially push the 'RUN' button, it says NONE in the display.

I did an strace with the dll command to see where it hangs and it is
waiting in a read() call.

Anybody has this too, or did I patch dll wrongly? If someone has a
completely working brickOS with USB or just the dll (binary or source),
that would be great. I noticed it is pretty hard to find
patches/distributions with USB support. Any progress on getting these
patches into the brickOS tree?

If I get it working, I am willing to build a working USB supported
brickOS (all patches applied that is).

Any help would be great,
Bart