 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3229
Re: BrickOs Problem (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 08:53:55 GMT

Carson Au wrote:

Hi,

Recently, I have tried and tried to install BrickOS into Win XP.
However, I have had problems in installing.
I have installed cygwin and checked that all files have been installed.
Built the gcc 2.95.2 and binutils 2.10.1 cross compiler.

But I can't install the brickOS files!!?!?! :-(
I typed in the cywin window as follows

cd /
tar xvfz brickos-0.2.6.10.tar.gz

However, it says that
tar: command not found

What is the problem? Have a I missed a step?

Thanks :-)

Carson Au - Captain, Engineer and Programmer
ThundeRobotics
carson.au@myrealbox.com
www.thunderobotics.tk

Hello,

I think it's really hard to install brickOS on XP cause Cygwin is on a
dos base (no ?) and XP have no DOS (only emule). To solve you problem
you should install linux :-P

Seriously : if cygwin don't find tar you should try to search tar.exe in
your drive and then try to add it to your path. If you haven't it try to
reinstall cygwin with this command

nanobapt