 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3183
3182  |  3184
Subject:
Lego RCX Emulator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:03:16 GMT

Hello,

In the last weeks I have started building a Lego RCX emulator.  Unlike
emulegOS it doesn't emulate the brickOS API, but instead it emulates
the h8300 processor and the peripherals.  This means that you can even
use it to debug your kernel.

The main purpose of an emulator is to aid debugging your program, so I
use the standard gdb over network protocol.  This means you can use an
out of the box h8300-hitachi-hms-gdb and connect is to the emulator.
I also have a small profiler that tells you how much cycles each
method needs.

I am now in a state where I can dll and run helloworld.lx so this is
probably a good point to get a first announcement out.

If you're interested and don't mind the hassle to get your own ROM
image, there's a small webpage at

  http://csd.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~hoenicke/rcx/

Regards,

  Jochen