 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3202
Re: IR port Communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:43:14 GMT

Michael Franklin Bosu wrote:

ERIKA is an RTOS(erika.sssup.it).

The kernel of ERIKA does not support the the serial
port communication through the IR port.

I want to add that functionality to ERIKA.

My final task will be to to develop an application the
will allow communication between the PC and the RCX
such that commands can be sent from the PC to control
the RCX, for example to increase or decrease the speed
of a car.

I have been struggling with this for some time now.

I need guidance on this, this is my first task on the
lego mindstorm, i am new to this.

Thanks,
Michael.

have you try to look at lnp.c and lnp-logical.c ?

See the old version there are not the remote command it's easier

It seems that lnp-logical.h use the S_RDR byte to understand what is
send on the IR port look at this

void rx_core(void) {
#endif
  time_t new_tx;
  lnp_timeout_reset();
  if(tx_state<TX_ACTIVE) {
    // foreign bytes
    //
    new_tx = sys_time+LNP_BYTE_SAFE;
    if (new_tx > allow_tx) allow_tx = new_tx;
    lnp_integrity_byte(S_RDR);
  } else {
    // echos of own bytes -> collision detection
    //
    if(S_RDR!=*tx_verify) {
      txend_handler();
      tx_state=TX_COLL;
    } else if( tx_end <= ++tx_verify ) {
      // let transmission end handler handle things
      //
      tx_state=TX_IDLE;

S_RDR byte is declared in the #include <sys/h8.h> file

Here is a way to begin you own search

nanobapt

nanobapt