 Robotics / RCX / *2255 (-100)
  Re: NQC on Linux dilema...

(...) This is very strange. Communication looks perfectly normal. I can't think of any reason for a hang. Is it possible for you to build nqc from source? If so, we can instrument any calls to the serial driver and determine if the driver is hanging (...) (25 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Religious wars

(...) :s/emacs/vi/ Indeed, you asked for it ;) Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (25 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

(...) I've posted an update which includes memcpy.s, memset.s (even though this didn't seem to cause a problem, I thought best to keep things consistent) and Makefile (so it doesn't delete *.s for target clean). Just un-tar it to your $LEGOS_HOME. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NQC and RIS2.0 Firmware

I've tried using the Download firmware option of NQC for downloading the new firmware. Unfortunately it downloads to about 2489 and then errors out. Will Dave Baum be supporting this 'first release' of the firmware or will he be waiting for the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 2.0 PreAlpha SDK

(...) Thanks. I've noticed the Firmware File size is HUGE Almost 25K! Ouch... I've sent the following points already to the LEGO feedback. If any of you agree I strongly suggest you do the same. Power in numbers... "This is a comment on the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RIS 2.0 PreAlpha SDK

What looks nice to me is that part of the way through, it mentions a giveaway of 5 RIS 2.0 sets, and sets a QA date of Apr. 17th. That would seem a pretty absolute guarantee that we'll see RIS 2.0 no later than this Xmas... which would be pretty (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Religious wars

(...) Right, and in terminal mode it does still have some advantages over emacs. However, it loses the pulldown menus- which, for the newbie, are the primary advantage. -Luis (...) ---...--- "As an engineer, it's important to look yourself in the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Windows and ncq

Me again, just a follow up on the one I just posted, I downloaded the windows version of ncq for the family computer, it works fine. (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC on Linux dilema...

(...) OK, here it goes: (I am in root) Output_Start: Downloading program: Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef Rx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 10 ef 55 Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef Rx: ff 00 ef 10 ef 10 ff ae ed 00 10 ef 10 ef 55 ff 00 ef 10 ef 10 Tx: 55 ff 00 50 af 50 af (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: controling two motors with only one output?

(...) Or you can just build one of the following devices and save allot of time and effort. (URL) the Motor/Light Block or the (MS)2 Expander Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Religious wars

XEmacs is great AND despite what everyone thinks, you DO NOT NEED X to run it. It automatically knows whether to do terminal or X. Ram (...) (URL) for text editors. There aren't many out there that aren't X-based, since those people who prefer (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Religious wars

Not emacs? And not X based? Oof. That's a tough one. My suggestions, in order. : 1) Fix your X configuration and run X and Xemacs. What card do you run? I may be able to help, or at least know where to point you. And, Xemacs has nice pull-down menus (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Religious wars

(...) Use emacs. I don't care that you think it sucks ... you asked for religious wars. :-) Cheers, Ben. -- (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Religious wars

I need to pick a Linux editor for legOS programming. emacs and vi suck big time. Anyone have a recommendation? It can not be X windows based as I have not been able to get my video card configured correctly. Under Windows, I prefer using UltraEdit. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linux vs. Windows 95

I just installed SuSE Linux 6.3 so that I can do some comparison tests between the different legOS development environments (I told my wife I needed to learn Linux to keep pace with the computer industry, though I don't think she believed me for a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: RIS 2.0 PreAlpha SDK

It works pretty well for a pre-alpha product and is (so far) backwards compatible. Sounds can now be tied to variables which will make troubleshooting easier... Thanks for the pointer Ralph! Rich Thompson (URL) Message----- From: (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: How do I test this thing?

(...) The HOWTO was originally written as part of a class related project. I've recently found another project that will again give me time to work on it, so hopefully I won't need too much help. But stick around- this list will certainly be where I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC on Linux dilema...

(...) Can you send me the output from nqc -v? A lot depends on exactly what is being sent and received. As for PSerial_unix.cpp, you would only have that if you were building nqc from sources. If you've downloaded a binary rpm or some other (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RIS 2.0 PreAlpha SDK

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet.... (URL) Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com ---...--- (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx) !

  Re: How do I test this thing?

Luis, No probs. I should have looked there first 8?) If you need something done, I'd be happy to document my experimentation, and mail it to you to include in the HOWTO. I also read on the NG that gcc 2.95.2 has a bit of a problem in some of the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How do I test this thing?

Ross- My deepest apologies, but the HOWTO is sadly out of date- it refers to version 0.1.7 of the software, which is similar in many ways but drastically different in the makefile system. I'd suggest looking through the README file for better (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC on Linux dilema...

(...) Ok, here it is: It just sits there, after sending about 5 lines of hex code to the RCX with that -v option. it will not send any more code after that, no matter how long you wait. I have not such thing as a PSerial_unix.cpp file does not (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC on Linux dilema...

(...) Does the program just hang, or does it eventually (several seconds later) give up and print an error message? Try 'verbose' mode and post the results: nqc -v -d test.nqc One possibility is that somehow the port is configured for hardware (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC on Linux dilema...

Hey, I have a little dilema when running nqc on RedHat 6.1 distribution of Linux on a Toshiba Satellite 2615DVD Laptop Computer. I have a 'winmodem' that workes on some port, and the IR transmitter on 'COM1' equivalent. It will not load the programs (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  How do I test this thing?

Hi, all. Well, just spent the best part of the morning downloading & compiling the h8300 cross-compiler. All worked perfectly, as per the instructions in the HOWTO. (I tried the binaries first, but was getting strange errors when I tried to compile (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: makelx issues

Kajim schrieb: (...) Depending on your configuration, there may or may not be certain error messages when building the compiler. They mostly deal with missing system libraries, which doesn't avail to much - legOS has its own libraries. (...) This (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  makelx issues

Sorry to post configuration issues again; however, I have I beleive sucessfully compiled the new egcs 1.1.2[altho the self tests at the end fail...] and can begin to compile legOS 0.2.3 but makelx segfaults every time it is run... The only guess I (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  controling two motors with only one output?

Hi guys, I was thinking about multiplexing motors, and it came to me that it should be easy to control two motors (only one at a time though) using one output of the RCX. Below, I describe my general idea, but I would like to know if you tackle this (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Modulo operator in NQC

(...) The limitation is more historical than anything else. Originally expressions were all evaluated at compile time, which is why I have a bunch of operators (%, >>, <<) that have no corresponding bytecodes in the firmware. Over the last few (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Problems reading active sensors with legos? Is there a solution?

I'm a bit confused with the reading of my light sensor with legOS. I'm getting values with a lot of "noise"... For example, reading the value for white, I'm getting values with a "noise" from 36 to 24 (raw) around the right value. Reading some post (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  The Mars Rover Lego should have built

See my model of the Mars Rover that Lego should have built. Added to my lego MOC page (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Modulo operator in NQC

I'm trying to use the modulo operator in NQC, but I get an error that it expects constants. I checked the docs and that indeed seems to be the case. While I'm sure there must be instances where one would use constants on both sides of the operator, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Installing LegOS -- compiler problems, SIGSEV

i'm attempting to compile the latest egcs-1.1.2 on my Linux roswell 2.2.12 #10 SMP Thu Nov 11 13:28:14 CST 1999 i586 unknown machine; however, I hit a rather odd problem when trying to compile the attached section of the makefile. I get a signal 11 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: When the OS makes the difference

(...) path (...) 70cm/s (...) movie (...) one (...) rate. (...) pretty (...) line (...) not (...) sampling. (...) with (...) I guess you're right this time too :-) Thanks for having clarified the matter. (...) good (...) Paolo actually confessed he (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Moving Robolab project files

I have been moving Investigator projects without problems between three computers, two of which are Windows 98, and the other Windows 95. I have simply been copying the x.llb file from \ROBOLAB\Investigator Themes\My Projects to another computer (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  broken "b" port on RCX 1.0

ive had my mindstorms kit for a while but never have programmed with a computer....its been sitting in the closet for a while.....now when i have an inspiration to build something and take it out, i discover that the "b" port for the motor doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: When the OS makes the difference

(...) <snip> (...) Alternative firmware is crucial to developing high-performance bots. The core sampling rate of the RCX firmware is once every 3 msec, which is pretty fast. I'm not sure of the max rate that legOS allows. At that rate, the line is (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: When the OS makes the difference

(...) <snip> (...) Alternative firmware is crucial to developing high-performance bots. The core sampling rate of the RCX firmware is once every 3 msec, which is pretty fast. I'm not sure of the max rate that legOS allows. At that rate, the line is (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: VB 6 subprocedure stumper

Hi Kathy, No, Sub 0 shouldn't interfere with Task 0. If you want, you could e-mail me the code and I'll take a look at it. David Leeper (...) here: (...) program (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: printing on more than one page

The icons in Robolab have the program logic flow from left to right, with modifiers below each icon. This basic structure typically creates programs that are very wide, but not very long. If Robolab were changed so the icons would have program flow (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: NQC 2.1 r2 released

Oh yeah -- Dave, my packages contain a slightly updated version of the man page (version numbers in the examples have been updated). (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 r2 released

(...) Ok, Linux packages/binaries for 2.1 r2 are now available at (URL). I'm really busy at work right now, so this was done kinda in a hurry :) I'm pretty sure that there's no problems, but please let me know if I missed something. Thanks! (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB 6 subprocedure stumper

David: Thanks for the tips - I really appreciate any pointers/help I can get. Actually, if I abandon the idea of subprocedures and move the code within my main task, it runs just fine. However, the whole idea of this "lesson" is to use subprocedures (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  When the OS makes the difference

Yesterday, Sunday 26th March, we had our 4th Italian Legofest. This time our traditional robotic contest was about line following, and 10 peopled compared their ideas, their knowledge and their ability running their robots for maximum speed on a 7m (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos) !

  Re: VB 6 subprocedure stumper

Hi Kathy, My first question would be "What are the values of CHECK_LEFT and CHECK_RIGHT?" If they're the same, that would produce the behavior you're getting. I know I often make a mistake like that when I copy and paste a line of code. You also may (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  VB 6 subprocedure stumper

I sure could use some help. I'm trying to recreate the BugBot program from the book "Definitive Guide to Lego Mindstorms" in VB 6. It's a simple program with a tank-like robot that has two "feelers" - one if the robot hits something on the right; (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Battery life question

(...) I measured the RCX consumes about 33mA in ROM or Lego Firmware, around 26.5mA under LegOS (due to the sleep instruction in the idle task), and it will use 0.034mA when turned off. No matter how long you sleep in your task, the RCX will consume (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Battery life question

I searched through the archives and couldn't find anything that specifically addressed this question, so I figured I might as well ask. What would the expected battery life of the RCX be while simply sitting in a loop calling sleep with large (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

(...) I don't know if Markus would approve, but it might be worthwhile to do this and put it in to CVS so that 0.2.4(?) would be compilable with 2.95.x. Does anyone have the time/skill to do this? Markus? Your two cents? -Luis ###...### Profanity is (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

(...) IMHO it is better anyway to use pure assembly files when generating code like memcpy (which is completely in assembly here). Call them memcpy.S, and you won't have the problem of accidentially removing them. With this you can use 'c' style (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Object recognition

Hi Does somebody have an experience with simple object recognition ( for example distinguishing between large obstacles and small objects using proximity detector )? I am currently experimenting with proximity detector based on 3 parallel light (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

(...) Because there were some decisions made as to what "incorrect" macros were and weren't by the egcs/gcc teams. For some time, this made compiling the Linux kernel with the newest egcs a serious problem. (...) Cool. -Luis (...) ###...### (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Les Smithson <lsmithso@hare.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:Fs0v5B.J44@lugnet.com... (...) You saved me the trouble of posting the exact same fix. Thanks. I'm concerned there might be other problems caused by this bug. Fixing this routine treats (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

(...) I think the compiler was generating incorrect code. I'm no gcc expert, but the asm macros looked OK to me, and besides, why should the macro work in one compiler version & not the other? FYI, I fixed it by compiling the source to an assembler (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC 2.1 r2 released

(...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

(...) Sorry... I was going to recommend the same thing last night, but got sidetracked (it has been a tough two days to be a Duke basketball fan.) I have a question: from where in the code is the incorrect assembly generated? i.e., could it be (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

(...) That was probably me. I don't know anything about GCC asm macros so I wasn't sure if it was a bug in memcpy or a bug in GCC's code generation. I solved the problem by going to egcs-1.1.2 which generates correct code. I was hoping that someone (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NQC 2.1 r2 released

A few very minor bug fixes, no new features...probably not worth the download unless you're having problems. (URL) Baum (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc) !

  TinyVM 0.1.2 Released

A new version of TinyVM (a JVM for the RCX) is now available from: (URL) usual location is (URL) we were experiencing technical difficulties; it should be up by the time you read this). 0.1.2 has several improvements over 0.1.1, including some (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Priority problem...

Okay. sorry for cluttering the group with this drival... my main task was intefering with task priorities due to a while loop doing nothing at the end... after removing it and letting the main task end.. the task for sensor worked fine with lower (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

(...) Could you describe the bug to us more clearly, i.e. what was the produced code, and what did you modify, so others won't run into the same trouble again, please? Thanks, Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

I've been able to fix my code by hand modifying the assembler code that is produced and using that instead of the .c code. I'm concerned, however, that the bug in GCC might manifest itself in other ways. Is there a patch for GCC available somewhere? (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Priority problem...

With a simple program... I have a task watching a touch sensor. If the task is given PRIO_NORMAL I am able to read the sensor in the task... If the task is given PRIO_NORMAL-1, I can't. I have checked the execi return values in both cases and in (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  memcpy patch for gcc 2.95.2 wanted

In an attempt to track down my RCX lockup problems I've been rereading the older messages and came across the discussion that sounded exactly like my problem: the RCX locks up when dll is executed. The conclusion was that bad code was generated for (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  My first NQC

I just have to share - I know it's very basic, but it's my first program with NQC! and it's even cooler, since I can now use my 486 to program the RCX, and don't need to steal computer time from my wife's Windows :P I just wrote a little prog to run (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX for sale.

How mutch do you want for it? (in guldens?) Bertil The Netherlands (Amstelveen). Bert Onderdijk <bert_onderdijk@hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws Frqp5o.8ww@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Running IR in the background

Hi all Is there any way to switch the IR LED on and leave it on. (as a kind of a headlight for the light sensor.) Alternatively, what is the easiest way to just send a comtinuous string of 0's so it's on at least a lot of the time, without taking (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) Maybe. I doubt it, though. :-) US locos need their tenders attached and I think loco's we've seen posted already may have size issues, for instance Dan's Big Boy. were someone to build an Erie Triplex, that would be even bigger. On the other (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) I'm in hope of getting more realistic stuff too. But I have no idea, what Lego will bring out in future. And my fear is: as known by bar code truck, cybermaster and mindstorms nothing fill fit together again.... (Maybe starting a complete new (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) I'm don't agree with this, because you can use it also in buildings to switch lights in /out, controlling windmills, bridges as well, and this all over the same wires, witch are in this case the track ! Of coarce, the used 'modules 'are (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX

(...) <...SNIP...> I won't go into the code detail as other members have already corrected it. I just wanted to say that if your interested in my RCX Train code, it's almost ready. (Phase 1 anyway) It has a few modes of use. MS Remote control. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

First, let me apologize for mistyping NQC as NCQ. Hey Ben! Hope those rumors are true. So if they are going to do something with remote switches and such, will it be similar to DCC or radio/infrared control? I'm guessing some form of remote control. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX

Hi Ben F.! Maybe all your work is a little needless, since there are rumors going around here in Germany, saying Lego is going to invent new more realistic trains next year, or even late this year around X-mas...... I've heared about it from a (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Killing lnpd?

(...) Thanks that works. lnpd can be found at: (URL) Lego (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX

Thanks Dan. Actually, I just came up with this myself but I added a float line as follows to stop it a little more gracefully. if (__speed == 0) {Float(OUT_A);} I'm pretty pleased with the results now. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid those train (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX

(...) you never check if your speed is 0 in this task - IMO, you need to add: if (__speed == 0) {Off(OUT_A)}; (I'm guessing here, since I haven't really done any NCQ myself yet. :/ Dan (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX

When I first bought my RCX some time ago, I dreamed of using the remote control to drive the train. Well I think I finally have it working. The following code works but has a problem which perhaps somebody can help me with. The program looks for (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Locks when downloading

When I download any .LX file my RCX locks up with the left motor (output A) running and requires that I pull the batteries to recover. I'm not sure what is causing this, though the obvious reason is the use of the new tools I recently built (DJGPP (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Killing lnpd?

(...) Did you try 'kill -9 <pid>'? - This should definitely kill it. Btw, where can the source to lnpd be found? Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: printing on more than one page

(...) But that will only capture the visible portion of the program in the window. So I'd have to scroll the window around to do multiple captures to get all of the portions, and then paste them back together in PhotoShop to print them. If that's (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Moving Robolab project files

I need to be able to move a Robolab Investigator project from one computer to another. Every time I attempt to do this, though, I run into problems. I've tried copying an individual project as well as the entire "My Projects" folder...same results. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Killing lnpd?

Hi We are a group of students from Denmark, working on a project with Mindstorms. We have a problem with lnpd. We can't kill the deamon. We have tried killall lnpd kill <pid> and CTRL-c when running in debug and log to screen mode, nothing works. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: printing on more than one page

have you tried doing a screen capture and then printing it from a different application. not the prettiest solution, but... -Ben (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Making Robolab more open

(...) yes. (...) No. However, you CAN do this with LEGO Engineer, the software for the serial interface box. (URL) >Can you install the RoboLab VI's (...) Yes. This is what I'm doing when I insert ROBOLAB direct-mode programs into programs written (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  LNP Tutorial

Anybody got an LNP Tutorial/sample code available for review? I could really use one. Thanks (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Robolab 2.0

(...) what do you mean *almost*? :) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Making Robolab more open

According to Dr. Chris Rogers at Tufts, Labview 6.0 will have an autowire function, and Robolab 2.5 will be written with Labview 6.0 when it is GA. That is better than what I hoped for. I was proposing was getting instructions on how to modify (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RCX for sale.

Hi, Is it allowed to place an advert here in order to sell a box RIS 1.5 or do I have to put it elsewhere? Bert. The Netherlands (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Making Robolab more open

That's an interesting idea. I don't have a copy of RoboLab (yet), but I do use LabView 5.1 Some questions: Does RoboLab use the standard firmware? Can you open the RoboLab VI's to get into the sub VI's? Can you install the RoboLab VI's into a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Making Robolab more open

The power of software is sometimes greater than what it's creators/programmers envisioned. One way to help create this phenomena is to make the software extensible and extendable by others. Netscape did this by releasing their source code, and the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: atari 800 web server

(...) Oh yes, it's not the smallest web server, but it might just be the oldest web server. The atari 800 is 20 years old! KL (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.tele)

  RE: atari 800 web server

(...) Not to one-up you, Kevin, but this guy at UMass has an even smaller server! (URL) Hmmm, can an RCX server be far off? Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.tele)

  Re: atari 800 web server

(...) Oh Beautiful Hack! Very nice!! (I get the same funny +128 characters that Matt got, but I'm sure you'll get that figured out. :) Say, what's the maximum transmission rate (uncompressed) over IR for an RCX brick? Could we expect an RCX version (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.tele)

  Re: loader.c

Jerry Vochteloo schrieb: (...) I usually download a bunch of demo programs at once, and automatic program execution gets a little in the way in that scenario. Making it an option is a nice idea, why don't you send in the patches (cvs diff -u, in (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Scout Support in RCXCC?

Will RCXCC support Scout support and fast downloading and the like? Thanks Dean -- TFM's Home Page: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Fast Firmware Downloads

Hi all, I've been working on a cross-platform version of my Tcl scripts for interfacing with the RCX and found out a lot about high-speed downloads too. Here's what I observed.... 1. High speed downloads at 4800,n,8,1 with echos off is LESS reliable (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  MindStorms Bop It

Hello fellow LEGO maniacs. My latest MindStorms "robot" is rather unusual. It has only ONE wheel, NO motors, two touch sensors, one light sensors, and a bunch of rubberbands. What is that?! It's a MindStorms version of the popular Parker Brothers (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  updated nqc-doc rpms

I've updated the nqc-doc rpms at(URL) to include the PDF versions of the documentation. Also, this rpm now places its docs alongside that from the main nqc package, in /usr/doc/nqc-[version]. I've also GnuPG signed all the rpms I'm distributing. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  NQC/RcxCC

Thanks to everyone who suggested that I use NQC for programming, I now have a copy of RcxCC installed, and programming in it is easier than in the lego graphic interface (as long as you remember the ;'s) The coal unloader program is done (it took (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: task managment

Thanks Eddie, What kind of limit is there for active tasks? Is there a responsitory somewhere for sample programs/projects people have written? Thanks (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact