 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 975
Re: How do I test this thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:26:05 GMT

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Ross Crawford wrote:
No probs. I should have looked there first 8?)

If you need something done, I'd be happy to document my experimentation,
and mail it to you to include in the HOWTO.

The HOWTO was originally written as part of a class related project. I've
recently found another project that will again give me time to work on
it, so hopefully I won't need too much help. But stick around- this list
will certainly be where I come when I have questions.

I also read on the NG that gcc 2.95.2 has a bit of a problem in some of
the assembler stuff. As thats what I'm using I might poke around with it
to see if I can find anything.

As least as I understand it, these may be fatal problems, i.e., you may
not be able to get it compiled at all. Give it a shot, and if you can get
something worked out, by all means, let us know- that is certainly a big
wishlist item. If not, please don't be too disappointed- get egcs and try
again. You'll certainly find legOS worth your time.

Good luck-
Luis

Regards,

ROSCO

Luis Villa wrote:

Ross-
My deepest apologies, but the HOWTO is sadly out of date- it refers to
version 0.1.7 of the software, which is similar in many ways but
drastically different in the makefile system. I'd suggest looking through
the README file for better discussion of what to do there.

As far as the HOWTO goes, I have no summer job this summer, so this will
be a prime task for me. There will be a major update of the HOWTO and an
automatic addenda system by June. In the meantime, hope that you can
figure things out on your own :)
-Luis