 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 33
Re: Making Robolab more open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 01:32:03 GMT

According to Dr. Chris Rogers at Tufts, Labview 6.0 will have an autowire
function, and Robolab 2.5 will be written with Labview 6.0 when it is GA. That
is better than what I hoped for. I was proposing was getting instructions on
how to modify Robolab in Labview so some power user could develop options like
"auto wire".

As for your other questions, I was once told how to modify Robolab by using the
dll library in Robolab in leiu of the default with Labview. Unfortunately I do
not have the specifics on this.

I think someone in the Robolab development team would be best to answer your
other questions.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Jeffrey Hazen writes:
That's an interesting idea.  I don't have a copy of RoboLab (yet), but I do
use LabView 5.1

Some questions:  Does RoboLab use the standard firmware?  Can you open the
RoboLab VI's to get into the sub VI's?  Can you install the RoboLab VI's
into a LabView VI?  Can you create and save modified Robolab VI's to use in
other RoboLab VI's?

Some of what you're describing is not even available to LabView users (as
far as I know).  The "autowire" function, the constantly wired constant
inputs.  I have to think it is unlikely that National Instruments will
release the source code to RoboLab, so modifications like you are
describing would have to take place within the "stock" product.

Jeff

jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net