 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 511
Re: NQC on Linux dilema...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 04:16:40 GMT

Does the program just hang, or does it eventually (several seconds
later) give up and print an error message?

Try 'verbose' mode and post the results:

nqc -v -d test.nqc

One possibility is that somehow the port is configured for hardware
handshaking and that is causing the open() to block.  You can check for
this case by adding a suitable printf in  PSerial_unix::Open() (in the
file platform/PSerial_unix.cpp).  Some other Unix variants (notably
IRIX) have some trouble with this...one fix is to change

  if ((fTerm = open(name, O_RDWR)) < 0) {

  if ((fTerm = open(name, O_RDWR | O_NDELAY)) < 0) {

I'm not sure why this matters...or why almost every other system out
there doesn't need the O_NDEALY...but its at least worth a try.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com

Ok, here it is: It just sits there, after sending about 5 lines of hex code to
the RCX with that -v option. it will not send any more code after that, no
matter how long you wait. I have not such thing as a PSerial_unix.cpp file does
not exist. Not sure what is wrong....