 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 509
508  |  510
Subject:
NQC on Linux dilema...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 02:57:48 GMT

Hey,

I have a little dilema when running nqc on RedHat 6.1 distribution of Linux on
a Toshiba Satellite 2615DVD Laptop Computer. I have a 'winmodem' that workes on
some port, and the IR transmitter on 'COM1' equivalent. It will not load the
programs to the RCX block. I tried your test program, and it will just sit and
do nothing when it says `Downloading Program:` The green light on the IR
Transmitter does go on, and then goes off in a few seconds. The RCX is turned
on. Both of them are on short wave transmission settings. I tried the GUI in
the windows partition, it worked fine. I would appreciate any assistance that
could be aquired, Thank you.