 Robotics / RCX / *2055 (-100)
  malloc() bug found -- BAD MEMORY REGION :-(

It looks like it's not a bug in legOS, but in the RCX hardware: Memory from 0xfb80 to 0xfd7f is simply NOT WRITEABLE, or more exactly, always read as 0xff, at least on my RCX ! Try the following little test: // // memory test // #include <conio.h> (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  asm in NQC.

All, I have tried various ways to put asembly in my NQC programs. I have copied stuff from the header files but it does not work. I would like to use the slope parameter of the SetSensorMode opcode, but NCQ does not support this. That is why I need (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC troubles

Rob, You could set up a seperate task to watch the switch and turn off the moter. This task will run seperatly from the main task. John C. Quillan (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC troubles

Thanks for your help. I was also wondering if there is a way to have the motor turn off at any time in the program when the touch sensor is pushed, rather than having to re type the until statements a bunch of times. would I have to use a task for (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  malloc() bug haunt: getting closer..

Yesterday evening i found something, that might be the reason for some of the crashes reported lately: The chain of memory blocks used by malloc() has a broken entry, say: the reserved block at 0xfd7c has a length word of 0xfffe. This will cause (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Robolab 2.0 aliases

The Robolab 2.0 examples on the CD included with Dave Baum's book Definitive Guide to Lego Mindstorms contains the program scanbot2nqcextra.vi. In this program the generic containers are identified by name using some type of alias mechanism. These (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Using ROBOLAB for FIRST LEGO League

(...) According to First, the 2000 season will have the same schedule as the 1999 season. They will require registration by September 2000, they will start the challenge starting in October, and will hold tournaments in early December. (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: NQC troubles

(...) Hi. The problem is that the if statement doesn't wait -- it just checks once, and if it fails, goes right past. So, if you have the switch pushed down right at the beginning, it'll work. Try this: OnFwd(OUT_A); until (SENSOR_1 ==1); (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC troubles

Hi, I am pretty new to the lego robotics thing (but I have been a lego maniac since birth), and have had a lot of fun tinkering with the mindstorms set that I got for Christmas. I have recently downloaded Nqc and RCX command center. While working on (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  J.Knudsen's 2nd NQC article online

havn't seen this mentioned yet, so here ya' go (hope nobody minds): (URL) MindStorms: Programming with NQC by Jonathan Knudsen 02/25/2000 In the second column in his series on Lego MindStorms robots, O'Reilly & Associates author Jonathan Knudsen (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Odd behavior

(...) afaik, with vanilla legOS-0.2.3, lnp_addressing_write and lnp_integrity_write are not thread-safe, there is a little patch fixing this in the lnpd tarball. (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Never mind

Well, my so-called "working" program crashed again, after adding two sleep statements and two sound calls, neither of which my program actually got to. So, I guess there are other causes behind my hangs as well. Ah the joys. :) -- "Though I am not (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Odd behavior

(...) For me, at least, it's not hanging during dll. My earlier problem was that dll just wouldn't complete with my program, but it didn't crash the RCX. By the way, I think I've found my crashing problem. It looks like I had some LCD calls that (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Directions to compile GCC

Luis Villa <liv@duke.edu> : (...) box (...) for (...) Wow Thanks! Here is the error I am getting-> loading cache ./config.cache checking if compiler cc1obj has been built... yes checking for gcc... h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc checking whether the C (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Directions to compile GCC

I've also been struggling with building the cross compiler. I'm trying to create a DJGPP hosted version. Once I am successful, we will be able to use Markus's legOS on DOS/Windows as-is. Currently, I have to rewrite Makefile.Common, Makefile.Kernel, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Directions to compile GCC

(...) This may not be the case- the cross-compiler will try to compile something, but at least with the directions most of us use, there is no standard C library created and so the compiler thinks it doesn't work. The trick (then) is to use Markus's (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Directions to compile GCC

"Markus L. Noga" <markus@noga.de> : (...) Thanks! In one of the sections under this document there is a short paragraph explaining that cross compilers may not like having 32 bit ints (Like BeOS uses) turn into 16 bit ints (Like I bet the RCX uses) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Directions to compile GCC

Jim Jackson <jjackson@jnjackson.com> : (...) GCC-2.95.2 (...) --host=i586-pc-beos (...) This gave me the Idea to tell the configure that I was running a Linux box (instead of a bebox) It almost worked too. At the end of the make the machine says I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Odd behavior

(...) currently i believe there is some really subtle bug in malloc(), that shows up only under special circumstances. I experience similar problems with a fat kernel/application that disappear after adding one cputw(), making the binary a little (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Odd behavior

(...) Or worse, MacOS. I use and love my Macs, but lord they sure don't have much crash protection right now. I just wish there was a way to avoid having to reload the firmware every time it breaks, but I suppose that without an MMU, that's a bit (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Directions to compile GCC

Are you using gcc-2.95 or the earlier egcs? What's your host machine? I'm running an Intel Pentium (pre-MMX) and Linux and had to specify the additional parameter: --host=i586-pc-linux Not sure whether BeOS is supported where linux is specified (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Odd behavior

(...) I'm afraid that mysterious hangs may be a permanent part of the life of a legOS user- in almost any serious program that I have written, perfectly legitimate code- simple code!- has occasionally caused weird hangs and needed hard reboots. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Odd behavior

(...) I'm not so sure about my problem either. In fact, I'm getting some mysterious hangs much like you describe now that things are working. Maybe I'll try putting in some cputs or similar. -- "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Odd behavior

(...) I don't think this was my problem, since other, shorter programs would download fine, just not my 5k monster. -- "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." - William Shakespeare Mike Ash - (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Directions to compile GCC

Hi Bill, this page is captioned "Using and Porting GNU CC". It should give you an overview of the process. (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Odd behavior

I saw the same behavior some time ago when I worked on a pretty fat program (about 6KB compiled code). Sometimes it worked OK, then I removed my debug code (some cputs defined by macros) and it hanged miserably... I thought it was some kind of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Odd behavior

I think you may have had the same problem that I did, but if you did, you have answered the question yourself. (...) I had a bright light over the tower, and the batteries in the tower were running low. Redirect the light and install a new battery (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Directions to compile GCC

Does anyone have directions on how to compile GCC/LegOS. I am looking to get LegOS working on the BeOS but can not get the GCC cofigure command to work. The script ends explaining that my platform is not supported. I am not convinced that the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: ANNOUNCE: Lego::RCX.pm 0.8 (old RCX.pm)

Todd, Good Idea. I will get this in for 0.9, which should be almost complete except for the the upload/download of software stuff. John C. Quillan (...) (25 years ago, 27-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: ANNOUNCE: Lego::RCX.pm 0.8 (old RCX.pm)

(...) Awesome!!! Haven't tried it out yet, but *highly* recommend changing the module root name from 'Lego' to 'LEGO' (all caps). --Todd (25 years ago, 27-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  ANNOUNCE: Lego::RCX.pm 0.8 (old RCX.pm)

All I would like to announce the release of version 0.8 of Lego::RCX.pm. This perl module allows you to communicate with your RCX. It has been developed and tested under Linux, though it most likely will run under other UNIX's. To find out more (...) (25 years ago, 27-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Odd behavior

Well, it looks like I beat everybody to a solution. Except that I didn't. Oh, don't get me wrong, it works now and everything. The thing is, I don't know why. I spent some time today figuring out how to recompile the OS, and doing so. That didn't (...) (25 years ago, 27-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Odd behavior

I always feel a bit stupid replying to myself, but I realized I didn't give exactly what happened when the program download failed. When I run dll, it successfully deletes the old program off of the RCX, and then sits there occasionally popping out (...) (25 years ago, 26-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Odd behavior

I'm having a bit of trouble with dll and I was hoping someone kind on this list might be able to help me out. Basically, I have a program that's grown to become fairly large and complex, and I can no longer download it to the RCX. There's one (...) (25 years ago, 26-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Using ROBOLAB for FIRST LEGO League

More importantly (to me at least :-) how do we get info about the 2000 FLL season? Is there any information anywhere yet? -Peter "Richard Hamilton" <rhamilton@wis.twc.com> wrote in message news:FqGL36.CH9@lugnet.com... (...) with the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Second source for DCP sensors

(...) were (...) Cory Smith sent the following email in response to the above posting: I saw your posting on the rcx newsgroup. What are DCP sensors? Where can I find out about the ones Lego offers? Thanks. Cory Smith I think this question is best (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Using ROBOLAB for FIRST LEGO League

(...) Our team used Robolab for the 1999 FLL competition and the programming was very easy for the 11 year olds. We noticed several teams who struggled with the limitations of RIS. How can we get the word out that Robolab is a viable alternative to (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Second source for DCP sensors

Does anyone know of a second source for the new sensors the RCX now supports? These would be the DCP microsense sensors. If you thought the Lego sensors were expensive at $10-$28 USD, the Lego prices for DCP sensors start at $50. They want $95 USD (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: printing on more than one page

(...) students (...) on (...) I have not found any Robolab solution to printing large programs. Robolab 2.0 has not changed this annoying limitation. I use screen print programs to print Robolab programs, which is not very convenient. (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Robolab 2.0

Robolab 2.0 is out, and the software is much improved. Robolab 2.0 now supports more programming structures, more sensors (sound, ph, etc.), and the RCX datalogging feature. In my opinion 2.0 now compares very favorably to nqc. Robolab 2.0 is the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Having trouble with -D option

It works fine in 2.1, as promised. Thanks Dave! -- Mark Haye, haye (at) us (dot) ibm (dot) com IBM TSM Server Development, Tucson, AZ Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-1DBD80.21...net.com... (...) ... (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Can't download

(...) What operating system are you using? Another user mentioned a problem using NQC under IRIX, and the fix was to change the open() call in PSerial_unix::Open() (file platform/PSerial_unix.cpp): from if ((fTerm = open(name, O_RDWR)) < 0) { to if (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  mysterious hangs with fat kernel and dll (Stack corruption ?)

Hi there, after having made the legOS kernel about 2k fatter, i experience strange problems with dll. Uploading a fat application that mostly consists of an 8k initialised array works as before, i also can start the application. Trying to upload the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Can't download

Hello I've downloaded 2.1r1 src and rpm and 2.0.2 src. No matter which version I use, the results are the same: # nqc -d melody.ncq Downloading Program: Nothing else happens. I've tried specifying the port, but the result is the same. I've also (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: legOS in cybermaster

(...) Very difficult, as far as I know. The ROM is on the same chip as the processor! -Kekoa (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS in cybermaster

(...) How difficult is remove the ROM chip and add a RAM one? (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Joe Nagata book

(...) you can find snapshot of his book in (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS in cybermaster

(...) Sorry Jose, it is NOT possible. The cybermaster firmware is in ROM and may not be overwritten in any way. Ciao Mario Web page: (URL) member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Joe Nagata book

What book? What models? I haven't heard of them.... Dave Paule (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Joe Nagata book

Has anybody read the Joe Nagata's book? His model are impresived (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  legOS in cybermaster

Has anybody try use some small version of legos in cybermaster? Is it posible? I'm thinking in a small program linked staticaly with legOS. (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC RCXLib bug & wish

(...) I didn't realize that kRCX_Message packets wouldn't survive toggling the duplicate reduction bit. I'll fix this in the source. Actually, I think rather than hard-coding the decision with kRCX_Message, I'll make it dependent on whether retries (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

(...) Typo - I meant that RcxCC uses different code than NQC, so a bug in RcxCC wouldn't necessarily indicate a bug in NQC for datalog listing. (...) From the thread I noticed you're using WinCE - sorry can't help you much there. Dave (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

(...) Huh. It must be some silliness with Wince. I'm not familiar enough with the platform to help you beyond here.... :( (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC RCXLib bug & wish

Hi! (especially Dave) While trying to get a working communication channel between the PC and the RCX with the original firmware, I discovered a bug in RCXLib: in RCX_Link, BuildTxData, the 3rd bit in the command code is toggled when sending the same (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) Here's what I got: \windows>echo "blah" > test.txt "blah" > test.txt \windows>type test.txt Can't open the file \windows> Looks like it worked - but the file wasn't created (I couldn't find it using Explorer (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC examples?

I'm thinking of putting together a package (RPM, tar.gz) containing sample NQC code. It'd probably be designed to be released under either the GPL or MPL. I know there's some stuff on Dave's website already; would the authors of that code like to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

(...) Not really. It should just go. Does this: echo "blah" > test.txt work? (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) room). (...) in (...) Is there a DOS switch or something I should be looking for to enable file writing? Iain -- tokama (URL) UIN 5362826 AIM Linjerflyg h e n d r y j r AT o x f o r d DOT n e t (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

(...) That's pretty cool. I didn't know there was a Wince port. In any case, if you're doing > redirection and getting an error about the file you're redirecting to, the issue isn't with NQC but rather something in your shell. Probably access (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) No idea. I'm using a shell program running under WindowsCE on my HP 320LX. (VERY handy being able to write code while siting on the floor in my room). Iain (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  CVS

Hello, I posted my 0.2.4 prerelease candidate in public CVS on legOS.sourceforge.net a minute ago. Sorry, there are no web pages available on sourceforge yet. You'll have to register with www.sourceforge.net to check out the sources, but that (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

(...) Do you have write permission to the directory you're in? (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

Dave Baum wrote in message ... (...) Probably? Didn't you make NQC? (^: I tried the above. I got an error: Error: Couldn't open file log.txt. Any ideas? Iain -- tokama (URL) UIN 5362826 AIM Linjerflyg h e n d r y j r AT o x f o r d DOT n e t (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 released

(...) I take that back. It's fixed now. (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 released

(...) Linux binaries now at (URL), in .tar.gz and binary RPM format. (I've got to fix some stuff in the spec file, and then I'll post the SRPM too -- gimme a couple of days.) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

(...) You can probably use NQC to read the values into a text file. Try: nqc -datalog >log.txt The -datalog option will grab the datalog as raw valus, -datalog_full will add the 'sources' into the listing. I'm not sure why RcxCC lists the wrong (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC

Jeff Canar wrote in message <38aff0b1.63663228@l...et.com>... (...) <snip> I have had similar oddities using RcxCC for retrieving DataLog values. For example when I am pulling something in from Sensor 1, it may tell me this: Sensor 1: 35 Sensor 1: (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  datalog viewer in RcxCC

Wrote a program to log light levels every ten minutes and store those levels in the datalog. I wrote the program to use, and connected the sensor to, SENSOR_3. Everything works fine. My question is: Why does the datalog viewer in RcxCC report (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MacNQC 2.1 in beta test

MacNQC 2.1 b1 in public beta: (URL) are a number of minor improvements - most notably an update to the latest NQC compiler (2.1 r1). This adds Scout support among other things. Dave (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 released

(...) The MPW version of NQC 2.1 is out now. The GUI based one (MacNQC) will probably be in beta very soon - there are some other things I need to wrap up since version 2.1 is in threory going to be localizable for German (and other languages). Dave (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 released

(...) _good_ stuff! thanks, DLC (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 released

(...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.1 released

NQC 2.1 has been released - (URL) features (from 2.0) include the switch statement, fast firmware download, and preliminary Scout support. For more information, refer to the README - (URL) Baum (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: gdb & legOS

(...) Markus> Hi Les, I've been advocating gdb for quite some time now, Markus> great to hear about your efforts. Hi Markus. Thanks for responding. Your input is much valued. Markus> You could also use an endless relative loop instruction Markus> (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) ld in the binutils) does not build correctly in LinuxPPC. ld gets all sorts of errors about 'relocation truncated to fit.' I've had the same results with egcs and gcc-2.95, which is making me suspect binutils & ld. Another list member had the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: gdb & legOS

Hi Les, I've been advocating gdb for quite some time now, great to hear about your efforts. Les Smithson schrieb: (...) My manual says opcodes 0x57nn are unallocated on H8/300. Could this be a Super-H opcode? H8 gdb seems to be tinted in favour of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (Slightly Offtopic:) WinAmp remote control via IR Tower

(...) Mindstorms uses an ActiveX control called SPIRIT.OCX to communicate with the IR tower. As far as I know, it only opens the COM port when some application is actually using the .OCX, so the port should be available for use if you're not running (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) From what I've heard, the gcc port to the mac is extremely old and ugly, and nobody's putting in the effort to make a better one. I see little point in making one now with MacOS X virtually right around the corner. Although now that I think (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  gdb & legOS

Hi All. I've been thinking about how gdb can be used to debug legOS programs. I've hashed most of it out, but one thing has me stumped -- how can I do a software trap on a H8300? I'd like to hear any suggestions as to how I can get round this. The (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

Martin Cornelius schrieb: (...) You'd need make, too. The configure scripts for those gcc, binutils and make will probably also require a shell of some variety. If there is a binary distribution of native gcc, make and bash for the Mac, building the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) Michael, have you rebuilt lnpd with the transceiver.c i sent you ? The collision problem should completely go away then. I could also send you a statically linked version of my latest version of lnpd, just to check it isn't a compiler problem. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) well, actually legOS wasn't ported, because legOS is an OS for the RCX. What was ported to windows, but AFAIK mostly not by the legOS developers, was the compiler used to build legOS, speak: gcc for the Hitachi 8300 processor. Additionally (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: size of programs

If you have a palm pilot, you can get the info you want using BrickRemote. Mike Kory Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-532A81.01...net.com... (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) Actually, NCQ on the mac just works fine. LegOS works fine under FreeBSD which works and install's fine under the VirtualPC (Just from a walnut creek cdrom). Linux works fine under the VirtualPC as well, but none of the install disk's I tried (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  OS Recommendations

I got my Mindstorms this summer, and I've been subscribed to the list since around the same time. Since then I've been playing around extensively with NQC. I haven't attempted to make the jump to legOS so far for two reasons. First, I have a Mac. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

Thanks for you help Martin. I tried the uart stuff with no change except for this: From further testing I realised that the data that the IR Tower is sending is been recieved by the RCX (woohoo) even though a collision is reported for every sent (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Official description from Lego for UAS and Exploration Mars

Lego has just revealed the two new expansion sets at (URL) Exploration Mars : over 150 LEGO pieces No camera, but challenges available if you own one - Ultimate Accessory Set: 45 LEGO ® PIECES, INCLUDING: 1 REMOTE CONTROL 1 TOUCH SENSOR 1 ROTATION (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: (Slightly Offtopic:) WinAmp remote control via IR Tower

Well! A kind soul pointed me to: (URL) has a neat Winamp plugin that allows the program to be controlled by the serial port. Now I just need to convince the IR tower to play nice with others. The plugin tries to open Com 2 (where my tower's plugged (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legos: Using dll with COM2

Both firmdl3 and dll should honor the environment variable RCXTTY. On Unix, you should probably set it in your .bashrc or .profile, like this: export RCXTTY="/dev/ttyS1" On Windows, you'll want to put this in your autoexec.bat: set RCXTTY=com2 Hope (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legos: Using dll with COM2

Hi! How does one configure 'dll' to work with the tower connected on COM2? firmdl has a command line option, but I cannot find one for dll.... thanks for any help Vlad (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: size of programs

(...) Good idea - also works well for MacNQC. I'll add it for the upcoming 2.1 release. Dave (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  EGCS v. GCC

Why was egcs chosen over gcc? It is my understanding that the egcs extensions have been incorporated back into gcc as of version 2.9.5. Also, egcs development has been discontinued. I'm curious because I am working on a DJGPP (32-bit DOS) port of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: size of programs

Dave, How about doing the total and including it in the code listing? That way those of us that use RcxCC will be able to see it for more than a flash on the screen. (The download is only visable for a short time and then the window closes.) (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) Great! (...) No problem! :-) Of course it's better to keep everything in one place. Did you get some PHP-pages running for the documentation? I started with it, but could not finish due to lack of time... But I wil be happy to contribute. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) There is a discussion that somewhere in their site about their HW setup. Suffice to say that it is multiple terabytes in HD size, 40+ processors, yadda, yadda. Reliability and bandwidth are not an issue, I don't think. (...) I have too give (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

Hi Luis, (...) That's great. The sourceforge server seems to have fairly decent bandwidth, judging from the speed legOS.sourceforge.net is coming up in my second window. (...) CVS is what attracted me in the first place. As repositories are (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (Slightly Offtopic:) WinAmp remote control via IR Tower

Okay. No rotten tomatoes, but this post is slightly outside the scope of this newsgroup. However, I really think that the interest in a question like this is going to be high, so here goes. Browsing WinAmp's plugin page, I found a snazzy little (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: size of programs

Not at all, that would be EXTREMELY handy. Something for this release? or later down the road? (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: size of programs

(...) As mentioned in another post you can add up the sizes of each task/sub in the listing. I know this is tedious. I was considering adding a diagnostic message after download that would show the total number of bytes downloaded. Anyone have (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact