 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 863
Re: Odd behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 03:12:49 GMT

Well, it looks like I beat everybody to a solution. Except that I didn't.
Oh, don't get me wrong, it works now and everything. The thing is, I
don't know why. I spent some time today figuring out how to recompile the
OS, and doing so. That didn't seem to be the solution since it still
didn't work. Sometimes. Sometimes it did fix it. I reduced the maximum
number of programs, thinking that perhaps there's an upper limit on the
size of each program that decreases as you allow more programs. Again, a
sometimes-works-sometimes-doesn't trick.

But, it works now. If it jams up like before, I'll just download the
robots.lx demo to it, run it, then download my program, and it tends to
work fine. I haven't had any trouble yet, but I'm wary since I still
don't know what's wrong. So the good news is I fixed it, the bad news is
I don't know how. Can anybody else shed some light on this weird issue?

--
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
and it must follow, as the night the day,