 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 878
Re: Directions to compile GCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 20:00:25 GMT

Luis Villa <liv@duke.edu> :

This gave me the Idea to tell the configure that I was running a Linux • box
(instead of a bebox)  It almost worked too.  At the end of the make the
machine says I have a compiler that doesn't work.  I am assuming this is
because of different bit sizes for BeOS and Hitachi variables.  Thanks • for
the advice though!

This may not be the case- the cross-compiler will try to compile
something, but at least with the directions most of us use, there is no
standard C library created and so the compiler thinks it doesn't work.
The trick (then) is to use Markus's C library (which you can do with the
normal legOS install) to compile the program. If you could send the exact
message that you get about "the compiler doesn't work" I may be able to
diagnose that one more directly...

Wow Thanks!  Here is the error I am getting->

checking if compiler cc1obj has been built... yes
checking for gcc... h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc
checking whether the C compiler (h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc -g -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
--

Later,
Bill