 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 874
Re: Directions to compile GCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:48:10 GMT

Jim Jackson <jjackson@jnjackson.com> :

Are you using gcc-2.95 or the earlier egcs? • GCC-2.95.2
What's your host machine?
--host=i586-pc-beos

I'm running an Intel Pentium (pre-MMX) and Linux and had to specify the
additional parameter:  --host=i586-pc-linux

Not sure whether BeOS is supported where linux is specified there.

This gave me the Idea to tell the configure that I was running a Linux box
(instead of a bebox)  It almost worked too.  At the end of the make the
machine says I have a compiler that doesn't work.  I am assuming this is
because of different bit sizes for BeOS and Hitachi variables.  Thanks for
the advice though!
--

Later,
Bill