 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 482
481  |  483
Subject:
NQC troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:50:51 GMT

Hi, I am pretty new to the lego robotics thing (but I have been a lego maniac
since birth), and have had a lot of fun tinkering with the mindstorms set that
I got for Christmas. I have recently downloaded Nqc and RCX command center.
While working on a program for a robotic arm I made, I was having trouble with
an 'if' statement. The arm has a touch sensor that will be pressed when the arm
has reached its highest point. Following an example program that came with
RCXCC, I did the following:
OnFwd(OUT_A);
if (SENSOR_1 == 1)
Off(OUT_A);
Seems simple enough, right? Turn on the motor, and then turn it off when the
sensor is pushed. The dumb thing just doesn't work! I thought the touch sensor
might be messed up, so I wrote another simple program to make a sound, and then
used an if statement to make a different sound when the sensor is pushed. It
worked fine! I don't understand what is wrong. I checked the value of the
sensor when the arm is fully raised, and the RCX display says 1 !? Could anyone
help???
Rob Stehlik
Robbby31@hotmail.com